Lil Indians second generation

Picked these up from a member last week at Iron honky's gathering. They aren't really vintage but pretty cool. I think the engine is dated 2001. First I'm going to get them running pretty good and then I'm going to make them shine.:laugh: I call them my Lil Indian twins.:thumbsup:

So far I took both seats apart and fixed all the holes. The plywood was so bad under the seats that it was makeing holes.:doah: The vinyl on those seats is kinda thin. CHEAP. I made new wood bases for both. I'm pretty sure you can still buy those seats from allied Leisure.
I worked on twin #1 so far. Gave the carb a good cleaning, new air cleaner, spark plug and changed the oil. Runs like a top.:thumbsup: New chain, clutch and clutch guard. The engine is way, way, too much for these bikes.:laugh: I rode it for about a 1/2 hour today. Scarey fast.

1 Little 2 Little 3 Little Indians.....you need 1 more !
Oh, I have more.:laugh:
Anybody know what the part number is for a 20.00 carb that works with these engines? Twin #2 wasn't very nice to me today. After cleaning and messing with the carb, I had it running really good. Then it started acting up. Maybe it will be in a better mood tomorrow. I can't pull that rope one more time.:laugh:

markus

hows your fuel level, They really dont like to pull fuel under 1/4 tank The fuel line and bottom of the tank sit higher than the inlet on the carb on those. Maybe check that before ordering a carb, and if you do order one of thise cheapie carbs, also get bowl to body gasket, needle to bowl gasket and replacement float. All that stuff was bad right of of the box on the the last one I got!

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Tecumseh-Carb-H30-H50.html

Last edited:

markus

hows your fuel level, They really dont like to pull fuel under 1/4 tank The fuel line and bottom of the tank sit higher than the inlet on the carb on those. Maybe check that before ordering a carb, and if you do order one of thise cheapie carbs, also get bowl to body gasket, needle to bowl gasket and replacement float. All that stuff was bad right of of the box on the the last one I got!

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Tecumseh-Carb-H30-H50.html

edit that: "the fuel line and tank sit LOWER than the carb"........didnt have my coffee yet :doah:

I knew exactly what you meant. As soon as I read this, I ran out in the garage to look at the alignment. You are so right and I have barely no gas in the tank in case I had to take it apart again. I'll try this tomorrow with some more gas and see how it goes. Thanks for the great tip. Markus is my hero. :bowdown:

Got #2 running a little bit better. I do think it may need a carb. I can't get the clutch off, any tips.? I had the engine running for a while and the crank got pretty hot but still no luck. Even tried a puller on that bugger.:laugh: Soaking with PB blaster for the 3rd day.

capguncowboy

Got #2 running a little bit better. I do think it may need a carb. I can't get the clutch off, any tips.? I had the engine running for a while and the crank got pretty hot but still no luck. Even tried a puller on that bugger.:laugh: Soaking with PB blaster for the 3rd day.
try drilling the key out. It's soft, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do. that should loosen it up