??? Lmao...

Did you vote ? Most of the people who entered are lets say the spine of the current OldMiniBikes members come and go at their own will and some do have a popularity factor and there are the ones the welcome the new members and guide them through there first visits here. With your 143 posts why the negativity ? We are here for fun no chains to hold anyone.

My 2¢...we didn't really get to see your sorta "late entry" go from nuts and bolts to bike..just the way i and others may see it..it's a really cool piece of art so enter a less completed ride next year and show more fab

My 2¢...we didn't really get to see your sorta "late entry" go from nuts and bolts to bike..just the way i and others may see it..it's a really cool piece of art so enter a less completed ride next year and show more fab
I cant agree more :thumbsup: You are crying because you finished second :doah: You had a 4 page build off that to me seemed like all you did was build a side car :shrug: while the winner had a 35 page build off with many ups and downs for a complete build :thumbsup: Did you even read his thread? I'll bet he read yours :thumbsup: I finished second in my category and you don't see me crying, did you read my thread, did you vote in my category, I'll bet you didn't, I read yours and wasn't impressed :doah:
I say grow a pair and build a well documented bike from the start and may you might win next time :thumbsup:

Yes, this wasn't a bike "show" it was a "build off" to show your talents. It's nice to read a well documented build thread with many pictures and processes along the way. I didn't win my class either but I'm not singing the blues. I am congratulating the winners. I had a great time participating and documenting my build and am still proud of what I accomplished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You mean this isn't one of those places where everyone gets a trophy just for participating?

I don't what anyone says, that's a pretty slick bike, and should win best in show.:smile:

Last edited:
The irony is that this was my sixth consecutive build off entry, and thinking the JFF class would be a non-voting class, I entered there.

Those who read my build are aware of what I went through during the build, and there was a point where I didn't feel like posting anymore. The difficulty of design and fabrication through anguish and a veil of tears was so damn personal, that sharing any of it required an emotional risk on my part.

I never wanted to be judged, nor did I want to be talked about afterwards.

I have grown weary of dealing with the overblown libido issues of some of the posters lately. I saw some comments on some threads this year, that were just over the top. This is just another one.

Thank you to the folks who thought enough of my bike to vote for me. I wish more of the bikes would have been completed in more of the classes. Not every bike I voted for was chosen as the winner, but my hearty congratulations to those who won, and most of all, congratulations to everyone who braved the "competition" and went on to finish their bikes!

Six months of work, the death of my oldest son, and the long trip to bury him and do my duties for my family. From frame modification, to engine build, and fabrication of virtually every part on this machine, I never thought it was anything special to anyone else but me. I am fine with that. This bike was built in Joe's memory, with his favorite color, and he stood by me day after day while I wrestled with it. I hope he is "Laughing his Ass Off" also Shawn.

Six months of work, the death of my oldest son, and the long trip to bury him and do my duties for my family. From frame modification, to engine build, and fabrication of virtually every part on this machine, I never thought it was anything special to anyone else but me. I am fine with that. This bike was built in Joe's memory, with his favorite color, and he stood by me day after day while I wrestled with it. I hope he is "Laughing his Ass Off" also Shawn.

Hey Dave,

You among all of the entrants had a unique time and situation. I like to hope we are family here and care about one another. I think for me what was most important is that you are still with the family. I am grateful. By the way, congrats on the win.

Wish you could make Windber, I would be honored to meet you.

Doc

Hey Dave,

You among all of the entrants had a unique time and situation. I like to hope we are family here and care about one another. I think for me what was most important is that you are still with the family. I am grateful. By the way, congrats on the win.

Wish you could make Windber, I would be honored to meet you.

Doc
Thank you for the comments Doc. I feel the same- I'd like to meet you and a lot of others here whom I have made friends with over the years. Such a long trip isn't in the cards for me due to medical requirements, or you couldn't keep me away from Windber.

Much can be said about the wisdom one quickly get out of life that makes what was important yesterday, completely irrelevant today. In that regard, I am grateful you too are still here.