Looking for 6.5 Engine, no where is in stock

jackb.

I'm looking for a 6.5 hp engine. There is a website called NR Racing who adds special mods to engines to give them more hp. Right now due to COVID they are not restocking so almost everything is out of stock. Does anyone know where I could find a 6.5 hp engine in stock? And on a side note, my seat came in the mail yesterday :) IMG_5347.jpg

old shed finds

I'm looking for a 6.5 hp engine. There is a website called NR Racing who adds special mods to engines to give them more hp. Right now due to COVID they are not restocking so almost everything is out of stock. Does anyone know where I could find a 6.5 hp engine in stock? And on a side note, my seat came in the mail yesterday :) View attachment 263815
Thank goodness I had this hemi tucked away last 2 years.

Attachments

Thank goodness I had this hemi tucked away last 2 years.
I've got one still in the box, too. :D

Today I gave away a nearly brand new 1992 Sears chipper/shredder w/5HP Briggs & Stratton. I got it from the estate of my pal who passed away recently. It sort of broke my heart to see it go, but I don't need a chipper or another motor and the machine was too nice to break it apart just for a spare B&S. I gave it to another pal who will actually use it for a chipper. Imagine that. The thing really honks, too. It would probably swallow a baseball bat.

@jackb., who built your new seat? It looks sharp!

Go Power Sports has the 212cc Tillotson Hemi in stock.

https://www.gopowersports.com/212cc-tillotson-hemi-engine/

Have you checked Harbor Freight? It's been a month or so since I've been to my local one, but they had 212 Predators in stock then.

Just got a HF mailer today with a coupon for the 212 Predator at $99.99. Might have to go pick one up in the next few days. It's always nice to have one on hand. The last new one I had laying around netted me a bunch of custom fab work from a buddy, well over $100 worth.

jackb.

I've got one still in the box, too. :D

Today I gave away a nearly brand new 1992 Sears chipper/shredder w/5HP Briggs & Stratton. I got it from the estate of my pal who passed away recently. It sort of broke my heart to see it go, but I don't need a chipper or another motor and the machine was too nice to break it apart just for a spare B&S. I gave it to another pal who will actually use it for a chipper. Imagine that. The thing really honks, too. It would probably swallow a baseball bat.

@jackb., who built your new seat? It looks sharp!
I'm sorry about your friend. The engine sounds like it was awesome. I got my seat off eBay from a guy whose username is panther70760. He makes a lot of really cool seats.

I went to my local Harbor Freight after hearing there were none around. They had one in just about every cc... but because they usually have 6 or 7 out not just one I asked if they were keeoning them out back now. He said no. That’s all that’s left. They were supposed to get them last week and this week but didn’t/ I asked if it was a problem getting them from China. He said no. It’s just that the warehouses were shut down because of the covid-19... plenty in the warehouses just not able to get them to the store. So I bought their last one.

jspbtown

I have been trying to find a HF Predator 212 for 3 weeks now. Calling weekly to 6 area stores. None have any and none have any idea when/if they might get some. I tried ordering directly from HF and I was told that they are out of stock and if they did not get any by June 23rd they would cancel my order. I am in the Northeast and several stores checked within a 250 mile radius of me and I was told they had none.

delray

also heard china was shut down because of retooling. so wonder if they are retooling for a bigger motor? think about it. if tilly is making a 225cc and larger/stroker kits why would anybody buy a 212cc motor. maybe I could see for a replacement motor to run a piece of equipment. when it comes to hot rodding/racing a go kart and minibike. those guys aren't going to be buying the 212cc motor anymore. that would be a big market I would think?
what would I know....just a gearhead.

I have been trying to find a HF Predator 212 for 3 weeks now. Calling weekly to 6 area stores. None have any and none have any idea when/if they might get some. I tried ordering directly from HF and I was told that they are out of stock and if they did not get any by June 23rd they would cancel my order. I am in the Northeast and several stores checked within a 250 mile radius of me and I was told they had none.
Where in the North East?

SAS289

also heard china was shut down because of retooling. so wonder if they are retooling for a bigger motor? think about it. if tilly is making a 225cc and larger/stroker kits why would anybody buy a 212cc motor. maybe I could see for a replacement motor to run a piece of equipment. when it comes to hot rodding/racing a go kart and minibike. those guys aren't going to be buying the 212cc motor anymore. that would be a big market I would think?
what would I know....just a gearhead.
They should retool. The larger engine with the same footprint would be great. And Champion has been using a 224cc on their 3.5KW generators for at least a couple years. If they sold the 224 with a 3/4" crank for under $200 I would buy one. My 3.6KW generator has a 208 Ducar.

delray

They should retool. The larger engine with the same footprint would be great. And Champion has been using a 224cc on their 3.5KW generators for at least a couple years. If they sold the 224 with a 3/4" crank for under $200 I would buy one. My 3.6KW generator has a 208 Ducar.
interesting how they come up with 224cc. my tilly when doing the cc's on the head/motor it also comes up as a 224cc motor,but for some reason tilly calls there a 225cc.
I also wonder what champion uses for a piston? race style piston like tilly or a more stock looking piston with thicker rings.
do you have the spec's for that motor. for example bore and stroke.
maybe i will try to google it?