looking for a 245 dyno cam for my HSSK50

does anyone have an idea where to find a dyno cam 245 camshaft that i could use with my HSSK50? I also looked for a 36673k tecumseh motor sports cam with no luck....does dyno cams still produce the 245 camshaft for our engines?

They do still make the 245, you have to CALL about it, send them a stock cam, pay a relatively small fee, and wait.
They also make the 255 and 356 like this, too.

delray

does anyone have an idea where to find a dyno cam 245 camshaft that i could use with my HSSK50? I also looked for a 36673k tecumseh motor sports cam with no luck....does dyno cams still produce the 245 camshaft for our engines?
do you need a Tecumseh hot coil for that 245 cam. this coil will advance your timing. something you kind of need for that 245 cam.
I do have one for sale. if indeed you are running it in a HSSK50 block. (electric ignition)

cfh

what if you're running a 245 in a points engine? i assume you need to advance the timing there too? and by how much? also i would like to buy that hot coil... thanks

delray

what if you're running a 245 in a points engine? i assume you need to advance the timing there too? and by how much? also i would like to buy that hot coil... thanks
if I remember right my points setup stock was about 15 degrees and my electric was about 20 degrees and my tecumseh hot coil/motorsports coil was about 30 degrees. points you can set the stock timing and then advance the whole unit or just the flywheel. I believe briggs had a chart how to setup advancement on there racing engines back in the day when everything was points,but that would be totally different for a Tecumseh engine.
just remember guys when this motor is set up correct it will not have any power until you get to 3000 rpm's, so a lot of gearing and high stall springs in your clutch or torque converter(3000).

Well with my 245 i actually went down on the springs, from 3000ish to 2100.

i felt like it was better for low speed operation and take off.

delray

Well with my 245 i actually went down on the springs, from 3000ish to 2100.

i felt like it was better for low speed operation and take off.
not sure what you mean by low speed operation. that cam really doesn't make any real power below 3000 rpm
i could see where you might want a lower engagement so the clutch not slipping because of running a higher rear gear. but the end result would be more sluggish coming out of the hole. i have ran a taller gear on the bike when not racing it and kind of fun to buzz it up to 3000+ rpms and then nail it and let it pull right up to 7000. man does that bike want to fly............:scooter:

cfh

I use my own cut cam (kind of a 245/255 mix) on an HS50, standard timing. it pulls nice from low rpms. i really like it. on a speedway with a series20 TC and 10" wheels.

not sure what you mean by low speed operation.
I know lol and that’s what we love about you delray

I don’t need to pull wheelies to move the bike from shed to garage, and that got old after a while.
Believe me, the bike still accelerates like crazy after 3000rpm, I didn’t lose anything and feel like I have gained more useable rpm when riding the bike overall.

For racing that is great to have all that power off the jump, but not everyone needs that.

No disrespect

delray

I know lol and that’s what we love about you delray

I don’t need to pull wheelies to move the bike from shed to garage, and that got old after a while.
Believe me, the bike still accelerates like crazy after 3000rpm, I didn’t lose anything and feel like I have gained more useable rpm when riding the bike overall.

For racing that is great to have all that power off the jump, but not everyone needs that.

No disrespect
It be fun too with tallers gears when it comes to cruising around the neighborhood at only 3500+rpms and still be able to bump the throttle and go....

It be fun too with tallers gears when it comes to cruising around the neighborhood at only 3500+rpms and still be able to bump the throttle and go....
The good thing is that my bike still does all of that. I can cruise at 3500 and nail it bike revs to 7000+
Have 10:72 gears with 30 series
But at really slow speeds I don’t need a full on torque assault.
Bike rides the same above 3000 but I noticed that for the way I ride the bike, I needed to tame it down as far as engagement.

Also I got some aluminum weights, so it engages a little lower, but it also engages quicker so 3000rpm comes quicker.
Really happy with this setup, I know it’s not for everyone

markus

Any specs on that cam?
Thanks
i've got one one of those, didn't come with specs, but lift was about halfway in between stock and a 245 from what I remember when I did some quick measurements. Have not used it in anything, I would think it may be pretty decent as an all around if people are pretty happy with the 245's If someone orders one and they dont kick it back or put you on permanent backorder I would love to know far as I know they are long gone NLA!