Looking for Fairbanks Morse Torque Converter, for MTD Trail Flite

I replaced the old drive belt with one that must have been too wide. The retaining ring came off, it flew apart. The outer disc of the drive was damaged, took a big piece out of the inner sleeve. I put it back together and it still works, but would rather replace it if possible.
If anyone has one, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

Hi Bbqman, I received the part from capguncowboy. I still have it. The slope was different than the flywheel on my bike. My FB torque converter is (I think) asymmetrical and the part I bought was I guess a Symmetrical design. Did not know they made more than one style. It didn't work properly... If you want it, I'll double check and send you more photos... Attached are photos I got from capguncowboy

Attachments

Bbqman

Hi Bbqman, I received the part from capguncowboy. I still have it. The slope was different than the flywheel on my bike. My FB torque converter is (I think) asymmetrical and the part I bought was I guess a Symmetrical design. Did not know they made more than one style. It didn't work properly... If you want it, I'll double check and send you more photos... Attached are photos I got from capguncowboy
Is that the complete unit?

mustangfrank

The Driver on the left is the original on my MTD, the right one is the extra part I have... as you can see the slope is way different.
If Bbqman can't use the parts, I can, I have a symmetric FM drive clutch that cracked. Let me know what you want for them.

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Go ahead mustang Frank. I don't have anything, just the driven not sure what I really need. Just trying to stay original.
I went out and checked...I have a broken inner sheave. Planned on going to a Comet setup anyway. I do believe it is correct for your MTD, your driven is mounted in the symmetric direction and I have the same factory clutches on the same model/vintage MTD. The wonky fork/larger MTDs used the asymmetric clutches.

Pics of my broken drive and my driven.

16070399525402858933568047718928.jpg 20200923_151201.jpg 20200923_151136.jpg