Looking for identification

Bought this for a project for me and my son. I'm currently trying to figure out what I need to fix the throttle but I figured finding out what exactly it is should be the first step.

Attachments

Tommie

Speedway shrike and it's been cut and welded on foot pegs in the front.
In the front behind the upper of the fork uppers under the red paint there should have been a serial sticker but more than likely long gone. Also it shouldn't have that scrub brake mount on it

Last edited:
Speedway shrike and it's been cut and welded on foot pegs in the front.
In the front behind the upper of the fork uppers under the red paint there should have been a serial sticker but more than likely long gone. Also it shouldn't have that scrub brake mount on it
Hello Tommie, are you saying I should remove the brake? Did they not have brakes? Can you tell me what else was cut and welded? Thank you for you reply!

Tommie

Hello Tommie, are you saying I should remove the brake? Did they not have brakes? Can you tell me what else was cut and welded? Thank you for you reply!
The bar welded on the front tubes is not orgin al as well as the scrub brake mount. On the right side of the bike on the rear part of the frame behind the engine plate there should be a mount for a disc brake.

Tommie

The engine plate has already been cut out to a flat plate its supposed to be slanted so the frame is really butchered

Triley41395

Thank you, even though this is not great to hear. I guess I need some more pictures and some more parts.
This is my opinion, I would check and make sure the welds are solid and use it the way it is. The speedway stinger had a scrub brake, and flat engine plate. I'd just emulate it and ride it. Screenshot_20220622-105106_Gallery.jpg

Triley41395

It isn't a speedway stinger the stinger didn't have a tank mount on the frame infront of the seat pan its a 70 shrike....
I wasn't disagreeing with it being a shrike, I was just saying that they made one with a flat plate and scrub brake and with all the changes made to the frame I'd try and make it look similar and have some fun riding it.

I appreciate all the help guys. Apparently it's had quite a life these past 50 years. Hoping to at least get it running around the yard this weekend.

Tommie

I wasn't disagreeing with it being a shrike, I was just saying that they made one with a flat plate and scrub brake and with all the changes made to the frame I'd try and make it look similar and have some fun riding it.
Would only have to take tank mount off it and trim the seat pan smaller to fit a stinger seat but id rather fix the shrike than make it what it wasn't originally