Looking for super bronc and Hilltopper tanks

Ron sold me a new one late last year ... they dont have the cool old gas caps but they come with one ... I think I paid near $50 for it delivered .. I was happy!

capguncowboy

I need one of these too. I called Ron on Monday -- He doesn't have any. I guess I'll be soldering up my old one.

Last edited:
I need one of these too. I called Ron on Monday -- He doesn't have any. I guess I'll be soldering up my old one.
Soldering?
they are plastic ... I have an old leaky one!

Ron dosent have "Hilltopper" tanks .... He has Heald Superbronc tanks ....
They are the SAME tank ...
Ask for a Super Bronc tank ...

capguncowboy

Soldering?
they are plastic ... I have an old leaky one!

Ron dosent have "Hilltopper" tanks .... He has Heald Superbronc tanks ....
They are the SAME tank ...
Ask for a Super Bronc tank ...
Yes, the tanks are polyethylene. I picked up a polyethylene welding rod and I'm going to attempt to patch it with that. I'll put together a tutorial thread when I do.

I'll try calling Ron again tomorrow. Maybe he misunderstood what I needed, but I'm pretty sure I said "it's the same tank that the super bronc used".

When i talked to Ron he had no idea what goes on a Hilltopper ..
I told him I would just take a SB tank .. he shipped it out asap!

I would be interested in seeing a plastic welding tutorial.
I have a Hill Topper tank that came with too long screws that hold it down and it leaked.
Thats where Ron came in and I shelved to leaker.

capguncowboy

When i talked to Ron he had no idea what goes on a Hilltopper ..
I told him I would just take a SB tank .. he shipped it out asap!

I would be interested in seeing a plastic welding tutorial.
I have a Hill Topper tank that came with too long screws that hold it down and it leaked.
Thats where Ron came in and I shelved to leaker.
Mine is leaking right here. It's more of a weap than an actual leak though. Maybe 1 drop of gas every 2-3 minutes. It looks like someone attempted a bush fix on it years ago, but it finally wore out and started leaking again after Windber. Probably the 8 hour ride on the trailer.

Are they supposed to have studs in the bottom? Mine had studs in all the holes and at first I thought that's how they're supposed to be, but the more I think about it, I start to consider were probably added on by a previous owner. They were originally held on with lag screws, right? I was planning on filling all of the holes and drilling new holes with the correct mounting bolts, but I still need to figure that part out.

As soon as I get some time this weekend, I should be able to start work on my tank. If it works out well, I might be interested in your bad tank -- maybe I can fix it for Joker :deal:

Last edited:
Yes, lag screws are how thoes tanks are held down ... but not too long ... I think the Ron tanks came with screws (?) ... if you need a length for the hilltopper I can pull one and measure .... perhaps my old tank will live again!

capguncowboy

Yes, lag screws are how thoes tanks are held down ... but not too long ... I think the Ron tanks came with screws (?) ... if you need a length for the hilltopper I can pull one and measure .... perhaps my old tank will live again!
Yes, that'd be great. Diameter is 1/4" I'm guessing?

Joe, sorry for hijacking your thread!