Looks like I picked up a new hobby

w.w.

I was not in the market for a mini bike, but I stumbled across this one the other day and got myself a new hobby, I guess. It's a Fox Street Scamp, but that's about all I know about it. I'm planning on digging through the forums to find out more about it, but feel free to teach me up if you've got some good info. Here are a few things that I've noticed or am curious about.. and then the pics!

• Serial number is B-0055XX. Can I date this based off of the SN? Any other locations for serial numbers?
  • What parts am I missing and where can I get those parts? I know I'm missing the chain guard, rear tail light, throttle, air filter, front brakes, rear brakes?, and wiring harness. I've got the original headlight.
  • Engine - It doesn't have much compression and is missing a lot of parts. I'll probably replace it with a Harbor Freight special for the short term. I'd like to know what my options are on rebuilding this engine though. It seems like it's original to this bike?
  • Seat - Reupholster or get a replacement?
  • Front fork is slightly bent so I'll have to straighten that out.

Right now, I'm just taking it down to the frame to clean it up. It has been spray painted, so I've got graffiti remover to take it down to the original paint. Hopefully, that'll work out and there's enough original paint to look decent. Thanks for looking!

Edit: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Site told me to introduce myself here, and I figured this was as good of a way to introduce as any!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard ww ! :thumbsup: nice starter bike and good luck to you on your build ! Looks like the engine might be a HS40 Tecumseh engine ....Do you have the sheetmetal blower housing for the engine ? If so it might be the original engine and would have the year model on it.