lowest asking price for 97/98cc doodlebug engine?

Just wondering if anyone can sell me a doodlebug engine for less than $75 shipped? It's for a motorized bicycle, and is my main transportation to work. I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm only working part time (hopefully full time soon) and I'm just wondering who can offer me a doodlebug engine for the best price. I definitely prefer one in better condition/low hours, but I'm willing to hear all offers. If possible, please post a pic and the last time it was run. Shipping is to 17042. Thanks.

It's not starting and it's leaking oil. I cracked the case to modify the camshaft, which I did inccorectly, the engine still ran ok afterward for awhile but now it isn't starting, and I must have messed up the crankcase gasket because it's been leaking oil since then as well. Do you have a spare engine?

Best to just buy a Harbor freight special for around a hundred bucks picked up at their store....The shipping and handling cost(s) alone would eat up the majority of 75 bucks....good luck though.

I think the little 3.5 or 97cc motor at HF is only $79 ish before sales and coupons and is pretty much the same as the DB motor. That's a good way to go and be brand new. I know the regular little OHV bicycle motors on sites like bikeberry are very pricey! :thumbsup::biggrin:

His motorized bike frame is already set up for the DB 97. Any other motor would require rework/welding or just may not fit.

I will keep my eyes open.

Lesson learned. If it is running, leave it alone, especially your primary transportation.

the way you went about this..yeah.
last week it was the cam thingy,get it as free as you can,this week the whole motor for less than the cam.
the way you worked all of us who were trying to help you,ie,this guy says hell give it to me for this price so Hey can you beat his price etc etc.
my opinion,mine only,but yeah.
lots of us arent rich,and dont post about how shitty our bills are in the hope we can get shit for free.
really got a bad taste on this one,esp after removing the motor and stripping it like You wanted it for nothing,only to get a reply from you last nite.
you never even waited for a shipping quote,mainly because you just wanted it free.
well,you got one..maybe even two.congrats on goatropin them in.

gl with your bike....walks away.

I'm reporting you harassing and derogatory posts. I didn't ask for anyone to give me an engine for free. I asked for the lowest asking price, and people happened to come forth and offer the engines for the cost of shipping, one of whom was you. I only need one engine, I can't help it if more than one person offered to be helpful in my time of need. I wasn't trying to play anyone. If I was, I'd take both engines as cheap as I can get them. I don't expect anyone to give me an engine for less than the cost of shipping. I'm sorry if it offends anyone that money is tight for me right now and I'm asking for help, but if you don't want to help, then just don't. All I did was ask for help, and I happened to get some offers which I am very grateful for and have been nothing but respectful and appreciative up to this point. Now welcome to my ignore list.

I kinda do see where ludicrous speed is coming from dude, but I also know what being hard up for cash is like too.

Anyway, for a couple bucks more, you could go buy a brand new 79cc Predator which would do everything you want (and be brand spankin' new, way under $100). That way it's brand new, and if there's ever a problem with the thing, HF replaces it no questions asked.

Just my thoughts on it. A lot of people here are really good natured and are willing to go out of their way to help a member out, but there have been a few moochers & scammers. It kind of weighs on people in this day & age.

I'm not trying to mooch or scam anyone, and if it came across that way to anyone, then I do sincerely apologize. The problem with a predator engine is that I would need a new clutch on top of it, because my clutch is bored out for the 98cc 16mm shaft, and I believe the predator has a 5/8 shaft? If I could afford it, I'd love to get a predator, but I just can't right now.

In all fairness, if the guy took the time to tear his engine down to get you a part, you should've honored that. That would've pissed me off too. Now he's gotta waste more of his time putting the thing back together.

Just my 2 cents. If that's the case, then he's got every right to be a little upset.