Machinist

I'm in need of someone to make me an M12 X 11'' rear axle bolt for my build off bike. Please PM me if you are willing to do this for me, and we can work out the details and recompense! I have searched high and low and no luck finding one...always just a 1/4'' to 1/2'' too short!! This would save me a lot of fab work moving the axle plates inward to make an available bolt work and also the possibility of having to change out bearings and inside and outside spacers, plus the drum brakes are made for 12 mm!
Thanks for looking!!
Jason

I'm in need of someone to make me an M12 X 11'' rear axle bolt for my build off bike. Please PM me if you are willing to do this for me, and we can work out the details and recompense! I have searched high and low and no luck finding one...always just a 1/4'' to 1/2'' too short!! This would save me a lot of fab work moving the axle plates inward to make an available bolt work and also the possibility of having to change out bearings and inside and outside spacers, plus the drum brakes are made for 12 mm!
Thanks for looking!!
Jason
I'm assuming no luck with Fastenal ??

Wow! Not even McMaster-Carr has them that length. My guess is that they're not supposed to be that long, due to strength issues. You will have to find a machinist that can make you one.

Roger

Jamie1972

Thanks for looking!!
Jason
You rang..?

You need a M12 x ? (What's the pitch )
I assume you need it 11" long.?

My kingdom for an axle bolt!!!!!
I'm assuming no luck with Fastenal ??
Wow! Not even McMaster-Carr has them that length. My guess is that they're not supposed to be that long, due to strength issues. You will have to find a machinist that can make you one.

Roger
How soon do you need one Jason?
Thank you gentlemen!! I had a member PM me last night and is willing to make one after I send him the details!!

You rang..?

You need a M12 x ? (What's the pitch )
I assume you need it 11" long.?
Would you have to make one Jamie or do you think you might have one? Yes 11'' not including the head if its a bolt.....the member who said he can make me one would be longer and threaded on both ends.