made a band brake for the clutch, WOW!!

my bronco had disk brakes and they are useless :sadcrying4: I have them just barely dragging and with a full pull to the bars on the lever it does nothing so i cut a plate and welded on a stud , drilled a hole and stole the band from my other mini and wow what a difference!!

Not a fan of this system if the chain breaks or falls off but that never really happens ..

I will post pics if anyone wants to see how I made it ??

post some,I might have to run a band brake and drum on the rear wheel.:hammer:Or I am going with the good ole Scrub brake, HEY,some of the fastest minis I have seen have them,so what the hell:wink:

I'm sold on the clutch band brake kit that I bought and use. Good tire skidding stoppage. If the chain breaks, it won't go forward under power either. But I have not broken a chain yet.

SpyGuy

Anybody try making a band brake off the rear hub, maybe set it up with a foot pedal? Scrub brakes will do the job, but man, do they tear up the tires after a while ....

A liitle help please

How about some more pics of clutch brake set-ups ... I'm getting ready to install my first one on my Ruttman ... Looks like to me that they kind of drag on the clutch ... I haven't run the cable yet but everything else is done ... Hope some pics will aid on my install ... Thanks

Thanks !!

That was another question I had ... Can I run the cable from either side ?? ... I was mainly concerned about how snug the band brake was against the clutch ... I assume it will wear into place ... Thanks for the pics everyone ... That helps a bunch ... :thumbsup:

mybiz

yep

That was another question I had ... Can I run the cable from either side ?? ... I was mainly concerned about how snug the band brake was against the clutch ... I assume it will wear into place ... Thanks for the pics everyone ... That helps a bunch ... :thumbsup:
I have seen the pull of the cable coming from the front and back. Now what is the correct way I don't know I've never used one. But you can bet id run mine just the opposite .way of everyone elses.

what ever side is bolted to the engine, the cable should be hooked up to the opposite side. im working on 1 on my bike and thats how i have it. ill get some pics later tonite of my set up.

my bronco had disk brakes and they are useless :sadcrying4: I have them just barely dragging and with a full pull to the bars on the lever it does nothing so i cut a plate and welded on a stud , drilled a hole and stole the band from my other mini and wow what a difference!!

Not a fan of this system if the chain breaks or falls off but that never really happens ..

I will post pics if anyone wants to see how I made it ??
I have no brakes on my trailhose and was going to make a scrub that mounts to the jackshaft brackets so I can ride it, but this is a better option for me as I have a brand new band brake from a box of parts I got with the TH! Cool deal, I have seen them set up that way but never had one!

that pic very nice looks like someone spent some ime on that i never thought of doing brakes that way before. i dont have a mini yet mostly gokarts and such cool idea i might steal it

????

OK ... I'm thinkin that whoever welded this together may have screwed up ... No matter where I move it around to it wants to lock the clutch up ... The welded pin location looks to be off ... Or ... Am I screwin something up myself ?? ... Any thoughts now that I've got some pics ... Thanks