made a band brake for the clutch, WOW!!

looks good. i finally got my bike running yesterday. and the band brake on the clutch works really good. when i 1st pressed the brake lever the back wheel locked up and the bike went side ways and i said holy:censure:, i almost went down. i wasnt expecting it to work that good, so back to the house i went to adjust it some more and now its perfect. i just wish i never wasted my money and time on that damn caliper i bought:doah:

edwin

wanted a clean look on the rear of my frijole wannabe, so i went with the band brake set up with adjuster and cover to hold it in place. check it!!!!

Glad to see a pic of your clutch brake and taco cover, It just answered a question I had
when using a clutch brake. Now I know the taco cover will still fit with the brake under it.

Ratbike

has anyone noticed any damage to their clutch with this setup???
No, I've done 10 or so minis with this set up and never had any problems. Never had a chain ever come off with use either and don't know of anyone that has either.If the chain does pop off you also have no power to go forward any way....:thumbsup:

The disc brake on my Fox project is woefully inadequate as well...

Any thoughts about using a band brake on the high speed clutch on a two speed Comet jack shaft?

mardyn

Could you please tell me where I can buy a band brake kit for the clutch? I have been looking but can't seem to find one. I need to put one on my granddaughters mini bike. I also need to know where I could fine a brake lever and cable for this set up along with a throttle grip and cable. If it is not too much to ask I also need a complete air filter assembly as I have none and a better gas takn than the small plactic one that is now on it. Thanks

Could you please tell me where I can buy a band brake kit for the clutch? I have been looking but can't seem to find one. I need to put one on my granddaughters mini bike. I also need to know where I could fine a brake lever and cable for this set up along with a throttle grip and cable. If it is not too much to ask I also need a complete air filter assembly as I have none and a better gas takn than the small plactic one that is now on it. Thanks
Another fellow Okie, Welcome:thumbsup: Click on OldMiniBikes near the top of the page, they have a clutch brake kit and everything else you need. You should come buy one of my minibikes so you and she can ride together, you can't tell me you haven't ridden hers a time or two.:laugh: Mine will carry a grown man of near any size and at a good pace. :thumbsup:

TomH

Welcome, probably need a picture of the bike to figure out the gas tank. Handlebars can be 7/8 or 1" so you need to know that for the throttle and brake. OldMiniBikes warehouse above has good quality pieces and fast shipping. You will need to find out the model # of the engine to get the airfilter assembly, unless it is a common engine.

I had a problem with my band working a little too well and it would lock up the tire and stay stuck on even with a return spring. So i swaped its mounting points and now it releases itself when released. Works much nicer and stops good

I had a problem with my band working a little too well and it would lock up the tire and stay stuck on even with a return spring. So i swaped its mounting points and now it releases itself when released. Works much nicer and stops good
My Super Bronc will lock the tire up on pavement if you are not babying it, works perfect off road so that's where I ride it now exclusively. I nearly went down the 1st time I grabbed the lever on the blacktop. Gotta watch you don't have too much brake.:doah:

Ratbike

That will do it...:thumbsup: