Made A Heavy Duty Sand Blaster Nozzle

I made me one heavy duty sandblaster nozzle assembly today :thumbsup: There are few guy's selling them on ebay for $30 shipped which isnt bad but I had some parts laying around in the garage and thought why not try to make one myself. the only thing I had to buy was a 2pk of ALC 1/8" nozzles which came with a rubber seal.

The 1/2" ball valve is an all stainless steel assembly and the rest was steel plumbing stuff. I think it turned out really nice and I only have the cost of the 2 tips at $15 I can't wait to install it and try it out.

kbs8ball

WE have a portable outdoor unit at work with a nozzle like that...its blasts of some serious crap...makes a huge mess though cuz its moves a lot of sand quickly.

Yup, The stock one that comes with most of the chain store pressure blaster are pretty much useless and read alot of reviews saying the factory nozzle is junk. This is the best upgrade to these blasters that I've heard and I hope its a rust removing beast.

Just tried it out today, WOW! big difference! This adds alot more blasting power without clogging and works great. Here is a picture of the unit I made compaired to the little cheapy one that was included with my blaster. Big difference lol.

Make sure you run it all open, not partially open or else the sand will blast a hole right through the side of the valve. Ask me how I know :doah:

Tom.

LoL I bet, Were you using a brass valve? I run this full throttle anyways and my compressor keeps up great. The gun/valve assembly I'm using is stainless steel so it should last a long time, I also added an inline mini air regulator to the lower air hose just before manifold to raise/lower the hose air speed so I can throttle there instead of at the gun.

I have plans to build an even bigger sandblaster this spring (was a project I put off last year) I have most of the parts needed to make it except for the large hose. This one will work great untill then :thumbsup:

I have gone through several of those stainless steel valves as they eventually get eaten up by the abrasive. I switched to a deadman set-up and have had better results. When the deadman gets sloppy you merely have to replace the pad on the end of the shutoff lever.

125ccCrazy

LoL I bet, Were you using a brass valve? I run this full throttle anyways and my compressor keeps up great. The gun/valve assembly I'm using is stainless steel so it should last a long time, I also added an inline mini air regulator to the lower air hose just before manifold to raise/lower the hose air speed so I can throttle there instead of at the gun.

I have plans to build an even bigger sandblaster this spring (was a project I put off last year) I have most of the parts needed to make it except for the large hose. This one will work great untill then :thumbsup:
only valves I found locally are brass and the only tips are the small ones like came with the original blaster valve.... I've got to make a valve for mine and get a new hose, the hose on mine is pretty much shot,,,,

Any suggestions where to get replacent hose and the larger tips? At $100 each the carbide is out LOL...

The best place online to get the hose and tips is at northerntool.com

The stainless valve is not really needed, its one I had on hand and I got it from the dumpster from my old job (they throw away good parts) The brass type should hold up for awhile and is still better than the small ones that come with the blaster.