maine/NH mini bike event in or near Sandford maine

red baron

Hi All, I am considering putting an event together but I need to know a few things first. who is interested in coming? what type of event would you like? when should it happen? There are many types of terrain possible and a few possible tracks if racing is desired. Here are some of the possibilities but I don't know if I can get these venues for sure. If renting is involved there are going to have to be numbers to carry the cost. Again this is an idea at this point.

1. Trail ride, show and cook out. There is a railroad bed with off shoot trails. There is a fire tote road and both are reasonable hard tail friendly. Surface is gravel to sand, off shoot trails are mud and small sand pits. Maine ohv registration would be required.

2.There's a lawn mower race track nearby. this is a maybe! I don't know if I could secure this venue or not.

3. There's a very large sandy trail system nearby that would probably be tough on rattle clutch, small tire bikes

4 there's a mx track, again I don't know if I can get access to this

5. Fair grounds. I'm not sure about these. one has a old horse track that has been used for flat track racing. I somehow think the cost of renting one of these venues would be cost prohibitive. I don't know what we could get away with at these places.

I will look for other options if there is enough interest. If you have to travel to get here this area is a vacation spot in the lakes region. I'm close to many beaches and mountains and the Nh border is only a few miles away. We have many nice campgrounds, and plenty of lodging. There are a ton of things to do if you wanted to incorporate the event into a vacation.

joshua. c.

sandford is pretty close to me, around 30 minutes away if you hold an event I'd be interested. but trail registrations would be a problem for most riders. almost no one I've seen at local events has a trail registered mini bike. so any state trails would be a bad idea but the race tracks would work. and if you want attendance be sure to put out advertising to draw in the locals before the event and signage several miles out leading them to it during the event. it helps a lot, I've been to one that didn't even have a sign at the spot and had a lot of trouble finding it. on a different note have you been to any of local events? there are quite a few, several a month sometimes, they are usually 2 or 3hrs away but so worth it.

ugmold

I like the idea of the rail road bed and fire tote roads. But I don't think I'd want to register for ME OHV though. My Grandad was from Sanford.

If you just want to have an informal get together, check out Bentleys next month. Everyone can get together and kick around some ideas for a future event.
2017_Mini_Show.jpg

red baron

That's great info x-90! The trail registration is out of my control for the trail ride. The only way around it would be to start a club and file for a event permit. I'm trying to gauge interest now so keep the info coming. I don't want to compete against any other events I just do see much going on up here.

Me and my dad went to the Bentley show last year. Brought 2 American made and American powered 20+ HP drag minibikes 1 running alky and 1 running nitrous. They should be a huge hit with the Harley crowd, right?
Nope.
Food was good and the -ah-"scenery" was good though

There will always be people that will travel for 100ft pavement drags

Last edited:

red baron

Bentley's isn't my scene, I don't think there's enough population or interest in this area. Eh, it was worth a shot. At least I found a couple of shows.

joshua. c.

there's a lot of local events in mass and people will travel hours to get to them, so if its advertised correctly there may be more interest than you think.

If you are looking for bike shows, check the schedules for Laconia Bike Week. We have done a lot of shows over the years during bike week and we always have a good time. Granted it is primarily for motorcycles but they have always welcomed minibikes.

Last edited:

joshua. c.

Bentley's isn't my scene, I don't think there's enough population or interest in this area.
you know if you are worried about the cost and need attendance to cover it why not do what some other groups do and join in with a pre existing event? cutting the cost drastically, you might even be able to eliminate the cost all together. that way attendance wont be an issue. and on a side note look up mini bike throw down on facebook they hold events all summer. and your more than welcome to come to the wachusset vally ridders club events. they are open invite. and try not to miss gomas mini bike massacre, huge race track and food and trophy's its a personal favorite.

Do you guys think there would be anywhere we could have 100ft pavement drags in Laconia during bike week?

We are having a hard time finding a venue

Do you guys think there would be anywhere we could have 100ft pavement drags in Laconia during bike week?

We are having a hard time finding a venue
It is probably a little late to get anything approved for this year but maybe plan for next year. Check with the folks at Bike Week Headquarters. Also, check this years schedule and talk to the folks putting on the bike shows. They may give you some ideas.
Schedule of Events – Laconia Motorcycle Week®

I just wanted to thank everyone for the heads-up about the show at Bentley's. You saved us a 1600 mile trip. Hopefully the show gets better after they run it for a few years. :thumbsup: