Make doodle bug street legal

Hi there,

I have a 97cc baja doodlebug and where i live in northwest, Indiana the cops are strict about mini bikes, they wont let me ride them or the street or sidewalk. So i was wondering what it would take to make my mini street legal

dbugs come from manufacturer specifically designed for off road use only. 99.9 % sure you cant make them street legal. search for more info. TTS

Bummer, here in Georgia they probably aren't legal either but our neighborhood is pretty cool I ride mine all the time and no one complains of course I don't abuse it either. They do have a law where under 50cc scooters ( mostly chinese) are legal on the street no tag or drivers license required, if my Bonanza had a light kit I think I could ride it all over and get away with it. :scooter:

Look up your local laws on what you have to have to make it street legal. most want head & tail lights brake lights horn spedo. some states require turn signal's. I may get my Rupp registered. need a spedo first though:scooter:

this has been talked about alot. I think 1 or 2 ppl actually have done it. I cant remember the members names.Check your local laws, there is alot of hoops to jump thru I bet..G/L:drinkup::scooter:

toomanytoys

My blackwidow is currently registored and insured. The previous owner did it. He put lights horn and speedily on it and I have a assembled motorcycle title for it. I ride it around town but its a bit scarey.

Ohio - BMV website has details on what/how is legal. Of course, it requires license and registration. You have to get the bike inspected/titled. It requires so much safety crap that your mini will be an eye-sore. The actual size of the mini may not be part of the DOT safety requirements.

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH