Making a gote with a torque converter

So a while back, I got a Tote Gote Sidekick. I'll be damned if I wasnt proud of the damn thing, too. I got it running, and managed to putt around the neighborhood(Neighbors not enthused. Who would be? A 17 year old on a minibike? What's more dangerous than that?). But the engine took a nosedive. So I figured I'd increase the fun factor! A predator 212 couldn't hurt, right? So I got to thinking. At first, I thought chain clutch. Then I got the bright idea. A 30 series torque converter. Only problem is, how? Basic modifications need to be made just to fit the damn thing in the frame, and The converter itself probably won't work. So what if I just eliminated the plate, and stuck the drive pulley on the engine, and the opposite side on the jack shaft? I've seen it done before... Question is, how effective would that be over a normal chain clutch?

DaddyJohn

Being that the Tote Gote Sidekick is a sought after mini, I'd probably try to maintain its originality as much as possible to preserve its value.
Repairing what's there (or even replacing the engine with a like model from a tiller or snow blower) may even be cheaper and easier to boot.