Manco Red Fox go kart

myjunk

So, I'm thinking about buying this go kart, yes it needs a little TLC, but I think I have the parts lying around here. My question is What years did Manco build this little beauty? Thanks

Harquebus

Almost impossible to tell but from the frame style and lack of roll cage, it speaks strongly of the mid 1990's.

Another way to get a ballpark figure on the date is to decode the engine serial number. With Briggs it is easily known. That does appear to be a B&S 5 HP.

WOW......I just found this site. That 'Red Fox" go-cart in the above photo is a 1990 model. I know because I got the exact same model for Christmas of 1990. It was my best Christmas gift ever! I was 11 years old.

I've got a photo of myself driving it on Christmas day, with my great Aunt riding beside me. I must have put 1,000 miles on it that day. I came downstairs that morning and found a note hanging on the fireplace mantle, beside my stocking. The note said 'I had been a good boy that year & I should go look on the front porch'. I opened the front door & looked to the right, and there it was, sitting there with a big red bow on it! This was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received.....30 years ago this Friday!