Manco Stars and Stripes Chopper

JohnC

Sorry I don’t know what “windber” is. I googled it and didn’t find anything. Is this a company or a person?

I did find Coker tire makes a cool repro 14x6 with same tread pattern as the Carlisle. However didn’t see a smaller one for the front. Still researching.

almost done with the decal reproduction. I will post pics when completed. Thanks.
Windber is the mini bike reunion in PA. An they do remake the front tire also. I believe its a cheng shin.

Attachments

Finished this Manco Stars and Stripes Chopper today. This one really turned out nice. I have owned 4 and restored 3. Unlike most of my builds this one won't be one I go ride around on. It's to nice and I rather keep it that way for now. This bike was done to be very original and how it would have came from original. I did choose to go with a metal tank and I used a 7 hole muffler. The muffler was in the add photo but a taylor pipe most likley came with the bike. I rebuilt the 1972 H35 engine closest yearand what I had. I trully believe a correct h35 is more rare to find than a hs40 and hs50 these days. The tires are exactly what came on the bike 14x6 and a 4.10x3.50-6 up front both Carisle. Correct grips aswell. However I thank everyone who helped me get everything I needed to make this build possible! I couldn't be more greatful. Thanks Chad Ryan for the awesome seat George Ackerman for selling me the bike and William Perea for selling me the fork boots and last but not least Bob aka Bobco for the muffler. Also Jeff at Windber had the tires for a amazing deal as always. I put a lot of work in this bike. Enjoy.

Video below shows a glimpse of the process.

Absolutely Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Wow. That's amazing, excellent restore. I'm working on one now. Waiting on frame from powder coat.
So these were only made for one year? I see the parts list in your pics has a date of 71.
Love this chopper....Manco made some cool Mini bikes and Karts in the day.
Finally finished Stars and Stripes chopper restoration. Turned out pretty good.
2DD92589-1FB4-455D-AE77-FB0CD8430688.jpeg 8B93BC85-445D-4F44-BD0D-610033152692.jpeg 4A544369-1FC8-4A65-A906-23628A61F136.jpeg 261A3DC2-B9A8-45D6-80A0-05D7194C2028.jpeg

Sorry I don’t know what “windber” is. I googled it and didn’t find anything. Is this a company or a person?

I did find Coker tire makes a cool repro 14x6 with same tread pattern as the Carlisle. However didn’t see a smaller one for the front. Still researching.

almost done with the decal reproduction. I will post pics when completed. Thanks.
“Windber” PA, is the town where the Minibike Reunion is held. It’s a swapmeet/show every year on Fathers Day weekend.