Manco Streaker w/GX200 clone

I picked this Manco Streaker up from a guy who had it craigslist. It had a 3.5hp Techumseh on it, but the carburetor was missing. I ran down to Harbor Freight and picked up a $97 clone. I had the aftermarket air cleaner left over from the Indian and I went ahead and threw in the #90 jet. I still need to put the finishing touches on the throttle linkage. It runs real good even though the governor is still in place. I wish I would have taken a pic of the condition it was in when I got it. It was covered in oil and grease like you would not believe. The paint is almost perfect after a cleaning. About the only thing I did was paint the wheels black.

hitman

that thing will fly! I currently have a streaker with a 3hp Briggs ungoverend and it hauls the mail! You may want to upgrade the brakes!

I went down to the bicycle shop this morning and picked up a the throttle cable adjuster. I had some scrap aluminum angle and fashioned a bracket. Works good.

I had the intention of getting a carb for the Tecumseh, but I don't have any use for it. I dismantled the entire engine and found that the cylinder walls and the bottom of the piston were slightly scored. I don't think it is beyond repair and the engine is complete minus the carb. I think a hone to the cylinder wall would fix it.

Jimh-

If you want the engine, it's yours for the price of shipping.

Preston

Jimh-

If you want the engine, it's yours for the price of shipping.

I'll PM my address. Thanks, I was willing to buy it, but I never turn down a freebe.:thumbsup:

Looks good,,Is that an extended foot peg? I had a streeker and them bigger engines hang way out the right side. I found the frame to be cramped for even a medium size rider,, it would be a good bike to extend the seat and maybe pivot it on shocks.

BTW, Jim ,, you bioch!

completely stock as far as I know. The pegs are really just standard as far as I can tell. I need to put some "grips" on them to make them look right. The wife drove it today and said she loved it. It "revs" out due to the governor.

Preston

I didn't paint it. I think it was the purple color stock. I just cleaned off the grease which covered the entire bike. I guess the previous owner put grease on every little area he thought there would be friction. It was a mess!