Manco Streaker

Fat Tony157

For this years build-off, I decided to do this Manco streaker I've had laying around for awhile. Hopefully I picked the right category, I'm assuming its a pre 1989 based on the fact that is has aluminum split rims but I'm not 100%.

The plan is to bring it back to mostly original, with the exception of a few details here and there, and it will be powered by a late model HS50.

Good luck to everyone participating and a big thanks to all who are running the build-off this year!

Spent a few minutes this afternoon and got it all torn down. Everything appears to be in really good shape. I just need to weld up the one extra hole on the engine mounting plate, and straighten the foot peg a bit. After that, I'll be ready to start prepping it for paint. I still need to get in contact with Cambo61 and get the wheels sent out for burnishing.

Fat Tony157

I got my wheels back from Cambo and am so impressed with the results. They are really going to finish off this bike nicely. I'm still waiting on my tubes to arrive so I just stuck them in a tire and propped them up next to the frame to get an idea of how it will look. Getting excited!

For the foot peg grips, I bought some $3 bicycle hand grips off of fleebay.. I just cut the flared ends off. They seem to fit the look of the bike pretty well. I also picked up this streaker front plate off a guy on ebay. Still waiting for a ton of parts to be delivered before I can start final assembly.

Well, sadly I didn't get my build done in time. It's really close, but I won't have time to get it done tonight. I Will post updates once its done though.

Good luck to everyone else!

Finally finished it! I'm very happy with how it turned out. The hs50 has plenty of power for something this small, and I set the governor to 20mph or so. There's no reason to go any faster on something this small in my opinion. It's still a blast to ride around.

Attachments