Manual transmission

delray

thats a real good one:thumbsup: hey maybe he can?
replace the clutch and chain and the rear sprocket with pulleys and a belt set up.
i better not even go there:doah:

cxbra

Ok guys, leave him alone.. Ive seen video's of junior drag bikes running briggs engines and manual transmissions on youtube somewhere.

Basically, im sure you can make it happen with a LOT of time, trial and error and probably like $2000+ and a good welder. Cmon guys, anything is possible... but at what price?

cxbra

If I were going to run a manual transmission, might as well swap in a 80cc 2-stroke engine/transmission and make it work, somehow..

transmission
One entry found.

Main Entry:
trans·mis·sion Listen to the pronunciation of transmission Listen to the pronunciation of transmission
Pronunciation:
\tran(t)s-ˈmi-shən, tranz-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle French, from Latin transmission-, transmissio, from transmittere to transmit
Date:

1: an act, process, or instance of transmitting <transmission of a nerve impulse across a synapse>2: the passage of radio waves in the space between transmitting and receiving stations ; also : the act or process of transmitting by radio or television3: an assembly of parts including the speed-changing gears and the propeller shaft by which the power is transmitted from an engine to a live axle ; also : the speed-changing gears in such an assembly4: something that is transmitted : message

As kids we built minibikes from bicycle frames. If a clutch was not available we used an oversize v-belt with an idler pulley. step on the pulley arm, tighten the belt and away you go. But a centrifugal clutch was always a better choice.

delray

yes davenseattle,thats what i am talking about. it's been done before and it works good if you set it up right...................:scooter:

Thanks for all the responses. I'm knew to mini bikes and until yesterday had no idea what a centrifugal clutch was so I just asked a dumb question with no backround knowledge.

how did you hook up that 110 to the frame? also, gas tank?

i REALLY wanna do that same thing!!!:hack:
it's my buddy's bike and he had to weld up a bunch of mounts and other crap. the tank is mounted under the seat at the rear. it's being held on by a white tie down. :laugh:

it was an extremely tight fit in there. the engine is a 110cc Lifan with a 4spd manual. it gets up and goes but my clone pulls it hard on the top end (he destroys me down low).

Hi guys.
This is my first post, and I recently bought the 6.5 engine and kit from cjtmini. I was wondering where I could pick up a 4 speed manual clutch. Thanks a lot.:confused:

you won't find anything that will work with a 6.5.

you have to go the route my friend did if you want a manual (the pics above your post). you need to know how to weld and make your own brackets to do it though.