Max Torque Clutch Install on new 6.5 Clone

My Max Torque clutch is scheduled for arrival.

I have seen these mounted on the 6.5 clones with the sprocket facing in and out.

This install of a new engine / clutch will be my first major upgrade to my DB-30.

:confused:
Should I mount the clutch with sprocket facing in or facing out?

Does it matter?

Thanks.

It should be sprocket out. Otherwise your engine will have to be mounted further to the left to get the clutch sprocket to allign with the rear sprocket. It will work inboard but in my opinion the engine will sit uncentered too far left. I think I have a good picture of outboard sprocket alignment in my photos if you want to check it out.

Center the engine first, but don’t bolt it down too tight. Then slide the clutch on and see which way it lines up with the rear sprocket. I think you will find that the 11 or 12 tooth clutch sprocket will be on the inside. Once the clutch is installed, make the final adjustment on the engine and tighten it down.

I went with sprocket on the inside. When you put the engine on your frame, you'll see that you need it this way. Allows better placement of the engine Left/Right and better balance.

Absolute brain fart on my part ... Inboard inboard inboard ... Everything I said before stands true but I had confused myself ... To center the engine the sprocket should face inboard .... I appologise for my earlier reversal ... I will delete my first post to elimate confusion

Sooner79

what maters on alignment, to the rear sprocket. Make sure to use a bolt and washer to hold the clutch on.
I'm getting ready to install my new HF engine and Max Torque clutch. Maybe a stupid question, but where does the bolt and washer go?

Do not beat the key-way in with a HAMMER ! Check crank for any burs or ruff spots that may have occurred during the precision Chinese machining process , or file key way slightly to fit , should be snug but go in by hand !