MB165 & kids vintage class Rupp Roadster

MB165

Looks like you used a lathe to build and true the wheels!!! It will ride like its on rails!! Very nice work:scooter::drinkup:
I dont have a trueing stand, but got lucky and they fit in my lathe, just chucked up on the axle.:shrug:
those were a real pain to get trued up, they are inside .030", (gap of a spark plug). I couldnt stand it to get them any closer, plus the rims arent round to begin with. The rim flange where the bead of the tire sits is not the same height all the way around, one side had a spot for a quarter turn was .040 higher than the rest. :doah:

Lots of innovation in this build. I am enjoying the build itself, but the engineer in me keeps waiting for a parallel charging coil, rectifier, voltage regular, battery, and high intensity LED system. :thumbsup:

More than that, a video of this hot rod running. :scooter:

MB165

Lots of innovation in this build. I am enjoying the build itself, but the engineer in me keeps waiting for a parallel charging coil, rectifier, voltage regular, battery, and high intensity LED system. :thumbsup:

More than that, a video of this hot rod running. :scooter:
thanks dave.....
Its coming, I have tested basic function by hooking up my variac to the engine connector. the relay in the regulator closes at 5volts and allows the battery to power the system. So as long as those charge coils work its going to be successful.
Im going to fire it tomorrow, with the headlight taped to the handlebars. I just need to get it out of my basement, yeah I built it down there to stay warm and don't have any door to the outside.....:doah:

my holdup to complete it has been the headlight bucket. The fools misplaced it and it sat for a month without having any work done to it. Jeff is sending me one to borrow till windber but I wont have that until nextweek. Hopefully the completed photos and video will be next weekend.

MB165

Its done

Meet the Roadwidow, a mix of roadster and blackwidow. It has a high power 30watt LED headlight and a DC charging system with battery. The engine has been rebuilt with a new billet rod, valves, rings, 94 series dynocam, coil, points, condenser and a rebuilt Dellorto carb. The swingarm has a greaseable bushing pivot and it has sebac springs on new hydraulic shocks. All recent rechrome, paint, relaced wheels, cables, every component has been inspected, refinished, replated or whatever it needed it got. Its easy to start, idles smooth and pulls hard throughout with a very strong midrange.

running video: http://s818.photobucket.com/user/5X8Rider/media/DSCF4820_zps88ba5892.mp4.html

Last edited:

buckeye

Pete, that is absolutely beautiful.
Spectacular job!!!!!!!
Now that is one I am going to hate missing a ride on.
Just beautiful!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: