MB200 Kick Stand Bracket Fabrication...?

Hey guys,.. I have an older Puma 200 that I'm working on and it doesn't have a kickstand - I believe it originally had one,..but this frame has been chopped on pretty good over the years :(

Anyway, I picked up an MB200 kick stand from go power sports, but it is just the stand leg by its self,.. I was wondering if anyone had some close up pics of what the "mounting plate" looks like so I could fab one up or something? I know it shouldn't be that complicated, but I'd like to do as little trial and error as possible :)

Thanks
Rick

Hey guys,.. I have an older Puma 200 that I'm working on and it doesn't have a kickstand - I believe it originally had one,..but this frame has been chopped on pretty good over the years :(

Anyway, I picked up an MB200 kick stand from go power sports, but it is just the stand leg by its self,.. I was wondering if anyone had some close up pics of what the "mounting plate" looks like so I could fab one up or something? I know it shouldn't be that complicated, but I'd like to do as little trial and error as possible :)

Thanks
Rick
Rick,
I looked thru a bunch of images with no real success.
I am kickstand deprived as well for other vintage bikes.
Some of the MB200 designs looked really functional.

@WERNER1 Is this what you need???
Oh yeah that's perfect! That gives me an idea of how to lay that out.

Is there a little nipple or something sticking out of or something sticking out of the backside of that mounting plate? Trying to figure out where the other end of the spring attaches?

Here are the parts that I have for my kid and the picture of where I'm thinking of putting that mounting plate at...? 20190807_163127.jpg 20190807_163255.jpg 20190807_163102.jpg 20190807_163113.jpg

DSC04077.JPG

This is the best I could find showing the pin to attach the spring. Sorry but I cant get to it to give you the dimensions. I dug up the pics from a couple of years back.

Did you buy the correct shoulder bolt to go with the kickstand??? You will need it if you didnt.

View attachment 247865

This is the best I could find showing the pin to attach the spring. Sorry but I cant get to it to give you the dimensions. I dug up the pics from a couple of years back.

Did you buy the correct shoulder bolt to go with the kickstand??? You will need it if you didnt.
No not yet,.. not sure where to get that unless Go Power Sports has it? ...maybe I'll give them a call today.

Thanks for those great pics of the bracket! I should be able to fab one up with out too much trouble :D

You can make a "shoulder bolt" on the cheap. Buy a bolt the proper size ( not sure if the original is inch or metric) that has a blank shank on it. Like a 4" bolt. Cut and re-thread a portion of the un-threaded shank for your nut and your good to go.
Many of the mini bike part sellers are real shysters and you'll end up paying 16 bucks with shipping for a 50 cent bolt.

You can make a "shoulder bolt" on the cheap. Buy a bolt the proper size ( not sure if the original is inch or metric) that has a blank shank on it. Like a 4" bolt. Cut and re-thread a portion of the un-threaded shank for your nut and your good to go.
Many of the mini bike part sellers are real shysters and you'll end up paying 16 bucks with shipping for a 50 cent bolt.
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well... I did notice in that last picture that FOMOGO posted that the spring retaining "Pin" that protrudes out of the back side of that mounting plate is quite a bit longer than I had imagined,.. looks like it has a little groove in it out towards the end of the "Pin" that the hook of spring rides in... I'll have to come up with a plan for that part as well... whooda' thunk putting a kick stand on would be this complicated haha!

The pin,a machined stud, allows the spring to extend and retract and KEEP it in the folded condition and it's placement is critical for the proper tension.
You could just weld on a bolt backwards to keep the spring on.
The spring is very strong. Much more than you think it will be.

The pin allows the spring to extend and retract and KEEP it in the folded condition and it's placement is critical for the proper tension.
@WERNER1 Its position is about as easy as it can be. It needs to be opposite the kickstand leg at its mid point of travel. That way it is above in the up position and ahead in the down position. Look at the position of the plug weld in the first pic I posted and it should be obvious.