MB200 Kick Stand Bracket Fabrication...?

@WERNER1 Its position is about as easy as it can be. It needs to be opposite the kickstand leg at its mid point of travel. That way it is above in the up position and ahead in the down position. Look at the position of the plug weld in the first pic I posted and it should be obvious.
Sounds good, I understand the angle and that the pivot point needs to be "above" the pivot point,.. it also looks like that post needs to be quite a bit longer than I would expect,.. probably to keep the stand pulled somewhat "In" towards the center of the bike a bit as it's moving up and/or down.

Just an FYI: The Serengeti Motorsports Puma 200 had its sidestand mount welded to the left footpeg tube. There are plenty of pictures on this site if you do a search.

View attachment 247893
Thanks Charles,.. but unfortunately my Puma has been chopped up and modified before I received it and there were no foot peg tubes there unfortunately... that would have been the easy button for sure :D I ended up using some schedule 80 pipe and making some foot rest out further towards the bend in the down tube of the frame. I'll be attaching the side stand on the swing arm close to the pivot point.... I'm thinking that should work out pretty good (?) 20190824_132811.jpg

So nobody around here locally carried any 5/16 in plate, so I had to order some online... that finally came in the other day. Also a special thanks to Aaron over at gopowersports for hooking me up with the mounting bolt for the mb200 kickstand.

Hopefully Saturday I will be able to get the plate all fabbed up and welded on and I can quit leaning this thing up against stuff :)

Attachments

Make sure before you weld that when the front tire is to the LEFT in the stop, the bike does not fall over. Same goes for the Right as the center of gravity changes.
The spring must NOT touch the pivot bolt or it will be damaged.
Here is the one I made to keep my bike upright.
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/useless-kick-stand-redo.166650/
Yeah the way I measured it out it had a pretty decent lean to it as I didn't want to take a chance of the center of gravity shifting too much....

And then here is my idea on the spring retaining stud for the bracket. Basically threaded a 5/16 hole and used a bushing collar that I will weld pretty close to where it is place now. I'll also weld the bolt to the plate and cut the excess threads off. So hopefully the angle is great enough when the kickstand is down that it will hold the kick stand against the stop securely....

Attachments

If it were mine, I would grind the "extended" stop a little more so the kick-stand is past center towards the front tire by at least 10 degrees. This way,if the bikes move forward or the wind blows the bike forward a little the kick-stand will not fold up and crash the bike.

If it were mine, I would grind the "extended" stop a little more so the kick-stand is past center towards the front tire by at least 10 degrees. This way,if the bikes move forward or the wind blows the bike forward a little the kick-stand will not fold up and crash the bike.
I did remove a little bit more material from that front leading edge "Stop",.. the kick stand comes forward just a tad more now. I was able to mock it up in a vise last night with the spring and it feels nice and solid in both positions. I also mocked it up on the frame and it looks like the bike will have a decent amount of "lean" to it so that it will always remain weighted on the stand no matter how the bars are turned and even if it's sitting on a slight sideways incline to the right side..

hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be able to get it all welded up...