MBP's "Powell for 2" - open class

Finished

The "Limo" went on its' first real ride yesterday and it is GREAT!!

The long wheelbase feels great riding, it handles like a dream, the suspension is sweet and the
torq-a-verter really works, nice quick acceleration and then it pulls well to top speed, 35 - 40 I guess!
I want you guys to ride it at Windber and see for yourselves!

The other thing lots of people have said is that the added length makes it much more attractive; my
graphic artist sat looking at it for 10 minutes and then said that the demensions are very good, much
better than original, and that it flows!
When I look at these pictures I think thank heavens I listened and fixed the top bar!
As you can see, I fabbed the chainguard to be parallel to the top bar under the seat; maybe if I had it to do
over it would be parallel to the floorboards???

This was a ton of fun to do, and posting it step by step was very rewarding. Thanks to Neck for keeping me
pointed in the right direction and all the help, and EE's incomparable engine paint!

I am impressed by the builds and builders of the other bikes in the build-off and frankly the combination of the fun of the
build and build-off plus I now get to own the Limo leaves me feeling like I WON! Really doesn't matter who
gets the trophy! (I bet the other builders know what I am talking about!)

It is quite the machine Paul, good job.:thumbsup: Everyone who finished is a winner IMO, those who did not simply did not and it does not matter except maybe to them. Life does not always allow for such things. I chose an easy project due to my poor health and struggled through it, the great thing is that the momentum has continued and more is getting dome than ever. Wish I had entered my K&S Hornet too because it was done before the deadline too. Got another bike done too but it was a long running project. The build off was a great idea IMO, got me motivated.:thumbsup:

fistfullabar

man that came out sweet paul just wondering are you gonna put a headlight on? so clean so mean and made for two because sharing is caring:thumbsup:

paul,some day can i please have your limo,i think i asked first,dont forget
the time you fell overboard on the ship,and you could not swim,and i jumped
in and pulled you out to safty? i just love that bike!,your frend,wayne.

zeeman

That Powell is incredible. I read every post in your thread, and was very impressed. I bet it was hard to cut into that brake hub. As much as I like the Powells that are original, I'm not a total purist by any means; and your limo version shows true vision. Great job guys!

MiniBike Paul

Thanks to you all! Wayne, i am positive that I have not forgotten any thing you have done for me! lol

Zeeman, cutting the wheel was way scaryer than cutting the frame! I first went to my buddies welding and fab shop and he showed me how and said it was easy! Everything is easy the 10th time you do it - anyway, I took a lot of set-up time, checked it out and thought about it and then did it and . . . . . . . . . it was easy! But knowing a screw up would ruin 1/2 a Powell rear wheel is very unnerving!