Mc 9 engine

I have a Mc go kart that I refurbished with two Mc 9's on I can not get the one motor to Idle. When you try to start it it will not draw fuel until the engine on the right side is running then it will start but you can not keep it running. any Ideas

All the twin set-ups I've seen use a fuel pump. I think the engine starting when the other engine is going is probably vibration sending a little gas to the off engine. If you have a back of seat tank, gravity is working against you. You probably need a pump for both engines just to make sure both are getting proper lubrication.

Jim, the MC9's came with flatback carburetors, it is a diaphragm pumper carburetor, it sounds as though you should rebuild the carburetors with new diaphragms, set the fulcrum height and popoff pressure. If your engine has any type of air leak you will also have a problem with the fuel flow and keeping it running, not to mention if you run the engine in that condition, it is a candidate to stick a piston. If you have the equipment do a pressure check on both your engines. Terry Ives can supply you with the rebuild kits for the carburetors.

Jim, the MC9's came with flatback carburetors, it is a diaphragm pumper carburetor, it sounds as though you should rebuild the carburetors with new diaphragms, set the fulcrum height and popoff pressure. If your engine has any type of air leak you will also have a problem with the fuel flow and keeping it running, not to mention if you run the engine in that condition, it is a candidate to stick a piston. If you have the equipment do a pressure check on both your engines. Terry Ives can supply you with the rebuild kits for the carburetors.
See just like I said only different.

I have a Mc go kart that I refurbished with two Mc 9's on I can not get the one motor to Idle. When you try to start it it will not draw fuel until the engine on the right side is running then it will start but you can not keep it running. any Ideas
Just send them to Terry Ives and have him rebuild. Worth every penny. I dont like to fuck with these high rpm wild banshees. He rebuilt an NOS Mac 45 i sent him and he is like a magician with the McCulloch.
Email him at:.
tii@surewest.net

Call Terry first, he told me he is not taking any engines for a while, he is 6 months backed up.
Too bad to hear Terry's hand is full. My friend acquired this truck and a kart with mc9 engine. His son really like the kart but it has wait. The suspension and tires from 4Wheelonline are on the way and then we'll see what we can do about the kart.