mega moto bike

delray

man this could be a real bad ass minibike if china would just improve just couple things on it. first thing they need to have a good knobby tire allow you to corner it on rough off road trails and rear suspension..

https://megamotousa.com/products/classic-212cc-mini-bikes

is it possible to get the title modified for the baja thread to also have the coleman,mega bikes and any others like it listed.
so these type of bikes don't clutter up the other thread sections, so they have a more dedicated section.

delray

basically a Chinese import thread
yep, it would be nice to put them in there own thread. also think it might be to confusing for a lot of the new guys to figure out this forum. for example when you get a new guy on here they are constantly posting the same questions about these type of bikes(baja,coleman,mega..etc..Chinese) over and over in the minibike discussion thread. nice see to try to keep that information under one thread area. but it just ain't going to happen.

I have one of these bikes near me for $500.00. Really don't mind modifying the frame to add a rear suspension. The chinese TAV would have to go for a real Comet one, also more aggressive tires like delray said. This would be used on the trails and I don't have to modify a vintage bike!

I just purchased one! Thery are set up extremely well, but like all mini's do have areas that need attention! Blue Loc Tite is your friend,go over all the fasteners before riding it, and apply Loc Tite where it's needed! The tires actually work fine, and corner great.

I have one of these bikes near me for $500.00. Really don't mind modifying the frame to add a rear suspension. The chinese TAV would have to go for a real Comet one, also more aggressive tires like delray said. This would be used on the trails and I don't have to modify a vintage bike!
If it's a 212 Pro (disc brakes front and rear, with a VCT) I would jump on it! Don't worry about hacking the frame up trying to put rear suspension on it. 8 PSI in the rear tire and your butt won't ever know the difference! The bike handles better than any other mini I have ever rode. It feels almost like you are riding a full sized cycle!

yep, it would be nice to put them in there own thread. also think it might be to confusing for a lot of the new guys to figure out this forum. for example when you get a new guy on here they are constantly posting the same questions about these type of bikes(baja,coleman,mega..etc..Chinese) over and over in the minibike discussion thread. nice see to try to keep that information under one thread area. but it just ain't going to happen.
I'm kinda new but should I post my mini bike questions here?
I thought we should do it in the mini bike discussion because of the name.
The name here is Baja so I assumed only baja bikes.

delray

I'm kinda new but should I post my mini bike questions here?
I thought we should do it in the mini bike discussion because of the name.
The name here is Baja so I assumed only baja bikes.
only thing was suggesting. trying to maybe create forum section for all the baja,coleman,mega ....etc Chinese bikes that all are basically built on the same concept. for example: rims,parts...etc... in a round about way. this way it may help in the long run too by having a section for the Chinese bikes? most new guys wouldn't get it or understand what I am talking about. but that's ok ...hey there new guy and there excited about there bike and want to post right away. that's cool, i'm happy for them too. It happen all the time even with the baja bikes(small and big bikes). so creating a new forum for these bikes will never probably happen even though more of these type of bikes are being built.
and yes I do own a baja bike. it's not quite stock anymore.... I had to re-engineer it just little...lol

delray

I just purchased one! Thery are set up extremely well, but like all mini's do have areas that need attention! Blue Loc Tite is your friend,go over all the fasteners before riding it, and apply Loc Tite where it's needed! The tires actually work fine, and corner great.
your not kidding, blue loc tite all day.....

I've finally got some time in the saddle on my MM212 Pro! Here are a few things I've found out about it! #1 the frame while being made from big tubing,isn't high enough for a tall guy (like me). My knees are literally "under my chin" while riding it. The seat is extremely comfortable. #2 the front and rear disc brakes are very effective, I never thought I would need a front brake on a mini bike,but after having one with them,it is hard to go back to just a rear brake. #3 the tires like to run at 5psi front and rear,any more and they feel "squrimy",but at 5 psi they really dig into the dirt and grip well! #4 the bike in stock configuration has about all the power you will ever need trail riding and is a real "stump puller"! #4 Top speed with my 254lbs on board is 37mph bone stock! That's pretty impressive,and I'm sure you could get a lot more by removing the governor,and infalting the tires to 10psi (the listed max). Over all it is a impressive bike,except for the seat height! I'm sure shorter riders will love it,and taller riders will hate it! 2 more inches seat height,would make it a all a round winner. I plan on making some kind of modification the the seat mounts, to try and raise it. IMG_3324.PNG IMG_3326.JPG

The Over the Hill off road riders met up for a ride yesterday. MM 212's were the weapon of choice,and they go a real workout. From Hill Climbing, to trail riding,to Mud Bogging! They handled it well! IMG_3457.JPG IMG_3459.JPG IMG_3468.JPG