Mega Moto suspension forks now available for $80

Even cutting the bolts was not enough fir me. The nuts hit too. The onky way was to raise the top crown. In installed 8.5” rise tc brothers 7/8” lane splitter bars fir the perfect height

Even cutting the bolts was not enough fir me. The nuts hit too. The onky way was to raise the top crown. In installed 8.5” rise tc brothers 7/8” lane splitter bars fir the perfect height
If the bolts are about flush with the nuts there shouldn't be any clearance issues on my CT200U.

I74

Did a bit of metal polishing on my MM.
Not really a fan of to much black, so I stripped the paint off these parts & polished them.
Used Roloc scotch brite discs chucked up in a drill, that I had left over from when I was a mechanic.
It takes awhile to get the paint off this way, but the end results are worth it.
Love the natural color of polished metals.
One trick I came up with years ago, is to use ''Scratch out'' - swirl & scratch remover for paint & clear coat, made by ''Kit'' products.
That in conjunction with 2000 & 2500 grit sandpaper, works really well, & leaves a protective wax type coating.
It does take awhile, but I look at it as a hobby project.
Ian
100_5230.JPG

I74

Got mine put together the other day.:)
Did find that the axel, spacers, & lower leg fit were a bit sloppy for my liking though.
Came up with an idea to use 3 transparent scotch tape strips running length wise on the axel, down on to the threads to where the nut stops when tight, & then put a wrap of tape around those threads also, because of the slop in the lower leg axel / boss hole.
The tape also protects the axel from the elements some, & shims things up nicely.
Am all about straight, tight ,, & smooth. :cool:
Here is a couple of pics. 100_5252.JPG 100_5254.JPG

2SlickNick

Got the bars mocked up today. Also ran into the issue with the bolts hitting the frame. I'll need to get shorter ones or cut these, but didn't think about also adding some washers like above if clearance is still an issue. I also just went with some cheap risers from Amazon. The top clamp only needed a tiny amount of work to get them to fit.

I went with some Pro-Taper Seven Eights bars for an XR50. They're only a bit wider than the stock handlebar that was on the bike. I'm at a standstill now waiting for more parts to show up in the mail for it.

Bad ass! Love it... Put the 16x7-8 tires on rear and a 15x6x6 on front. Well that is what I was gonna do for a drag frame lol. Post progress somewhere.

Bad ass! Love it... Put the 16x7-8 tires on rear and a 15x6x6 on front. Well that is what I was gonna do for a drag frame lol. Post progress somewhere.
It's coming along. Got some gold/gold RLV chain from a buddy today since he had extra and my hydraulic master cyl/caliper setup arrived today as well.

olddog

This is a great thread, thanks Charles...

I have the parts, grabbed some baby apes, not even sure what I’m going to do with them yet but I’m having fun thinking about it...

Hey Tom , standard 6" DB wheels , 145/70x6 on my grandsons but I'm running 15x5x6 sno hogs on my other motovox forks , on my Gilson it has the Bosch wheels but I went with 1/2" wheel bearings as I didnt want to drill out the forks to 5/8" 20190215_163755.jpg 20190209_152620.jpg 20190126_150345.jpg

Hey Tom , standard 6" DB wheels , 145/70x6 on my grandsons but I'm running 15x5x6 sno hogs on my other motovox forks , on my Gilson it has the Bosch wheels but I went with 1/2" wheel bearings as I didnt want to drill out the forks to 5/8" View attachment 240399 View attachment 240400 View attachment 240401
Thanks. I'm planning my Ruttman build, and whether this fork setup would be an easy replacement for the high-speed fork without looking too big. Ruttman has 6" wheels. The triple clamps on this fork are pretty widely spaced.