MICKEY BIKE ?

JohnC

Today I got this bike. What I believe to be a Mickey Bike. The foot pegs and front shocks throw me off but many seem sure it is a Mickey Bike. Thought I would share. Maby some experts can chime in. Supposedly it was in storage for decades...

Motor - 80202 0278 01 6806171
Chain Guard Model - MB3-2 SERIAL 2029

Attachments

JohnC

Going to fix the bike up nice. Not looking to sell it ever... lol it would be cool to know what Mark D. has to say ? I trust him I thought I saw him comment on the original FB post of the guy who found it but I cant find the post no more. I have seen messages with guys who say they have Mickey bikes just like this one.

Attachments

markus

Yea, its a mickey, In the KOL timeframe. They seemed to transition during 1968 from the short to full length fork springs as with some of the mounting tab styles for engine/brake/axle and footbar location as well. There is a guy on facebook named Lee that has been working on one that had it since new from Penneys that is setup like that one If I remember right, his might be full on last version style (separate brake tabs and engine mount like the last ones were). Looks like yours has the sealed bearing type wheels as well???

JohnC

Just pretty much finished the bike today just got hook up the throttle. Mickey and run my chain.

Attachments