Micro Power Suitcase Mini

I purchased one of these mini and since I like to do motorcycle archeology, I plan to create a web page for this mini, with has much history as I can find.
Since there are very few of them, I will also have a registry to find out how many their are.
I am looking for contributors of history, photos and if you have one, a record of location.
I was also thinking, since they do not have serial numbers, I would create a special decal with number so they can be identified.
These bikes change hands, so it might be a good way to track them.
All these info can be shared with this forum is moderator wishes it.

Rob

So they call it a Micro-Bike
And we have a complete address for the company.
Micro Power Products Inc.
701 Kings Row
San Jose, California

Good job

Last edited:

markus

artracing, get to mini-matic aka steve on are site :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yea, he should have all the info for the suitcase I sent him a bunch of info/measurements etc.. so he could find a suitable match as his did not come with one when he got it. I think he may have sold his off though:shrug:

Thanks will do.
I did a check on the Micro Power address. Some marble company is there now. Sent email for the heck of it, to see if they know anything about Micro Power Products. I am a little anal when it comes to originality, so I'll try to nail down the original parts and manufacturer and documents.
Some of the things I'll be looking find:
Engine manual and decals
Sale brochure for bike.
Brand of white grips
Brand of white throttle and brake cables.

I was just telling my kids about these bikes.
This was my Dads company just before I was born, and after he designed and built a GyroCopter.

I still have his "Racing" Micro Power, that they would race at local college parking lots.
I'll try to get a picture for anyone interested. Had a chain drive and no brakes.
First pulled it out of the garage when I was in High School late 80's and revived it.
I remember screaming down the road in saratoga at 55-60mph on it.

He did a bit of innovating on that design, from the Collapsing handlebars, Internal throttle, and Spring Suspension Frame.

Glad to see people still enjoy them. :)

This was my Dads company just before I was born, and after he designed and built a GyroCopter.

I still have his "Racing" Micro Power, that they would race at local college parking lots.
I'll try to get a picture for anyone interested. Had a chain drive and no brakes.
First pulled it out of the garage when I was in High School late 80's and revived it.

He did a bit of innovating on that design, from the Collapsing handlebars, Internal throttle, and Spring Suspension Frame.

Welcome. We would love to see some photos and any history you have.

markus

Would love to see photos of that bike!!! This site has gone through some changes/updates over the years so I guess the photo I had posted above got messed up but I had one for a few years. loved it and rode it here and there in the dragstrip pits and car shows. It's funny I just found the copies of the manual I got from someone years back and was scanning them in and trying to clean them up a bit (was a really beat up and stained copy) yesterday morning.

Heres the one I had, had to source and NOS longblock for it and an O&R guy setup a fresh complete engine with that for me as the foam filter had turned to crust and sucked through the engine before I got it. but other than that it was a pretty nice piece with the suitcase still that just needed cleaned up.

IMG_7269.JPG IMG_4137.JPG IMG_4141.JPG IMG_4146.JPG