Mid 70’s? American or Taiwan?

Hey fellas, I’ve been through many pics but can’t find a match. It appears original aside from the frame re-paint, and intact. Engine serial # starts with 4, 1974?
Here are possible clues;
The seat has a diamond stripe pattern with gold piping. Tires appear original and do not have a manufacturer name just a small logo and Made in Holland. Handlebars are clamped to forks. Rear axle bracket triangulates corner of frame.
Thanks for any help.
Is the front fender on backwards?
9CFEA14D-BA1B-49A8-9AED-634B88D6DBFD.jpeg
79AE127A-E975-4354-8DEE-EF0948B084F0.jpeg
0F01A57C-03C3-40F5-9FCD-27168CEC55E0.jpeg
69450AD9-8F9E-4441-90A4-B85142F33E81.jpeg

Well, now that manchester1 set me on the right track, I continued my search and I'm pretty sure I found an exact match! It's a '74-'75 Sears bike made by Arco according to Marcus. This coincides with the serial # on the block as well.

Marcus had written, "Sears sold one like that (without a fork plate), it was an ARCO made. around 1974/1975"

#2 picture and description match up exactly with what I have. Thanks again to manchester1 and Marcus and OldMiniBikes.

I’m still feeling my way around the OldMiniBikes forum but it’s quite obvious this community is knowledgeable and enthusiastic ... I thank all of you!
To be clear, I was quoting Markus from another thread by a different OP. However, it appears to fit my particular bike as well as year.
Merry Christams and Happy Holidays

markus

I’m still feeling my way around the OldMiniBikes forum but it’s quite obvious this community is knowledgeable and enthusiastic ... I thank all of you!
To be clear, I was quoting Markus from another thread by a different OP. However, it appears to fit my particular bike as well as year.
Merry Christams and Happy Holidays

Just the simple fact that you actually went and did some searching after being pointed in the right direction gains lots of respect!!!! I am always glad when someone takes the time to do some research and better yet acknowledge at least this site for being able to help in some way, that is becoming a rarity anymore. Has been turning into a bunch of "Takers" that don't contribute, but gladly take all the info off of this great resource that people have gone out of their way for years to try and help, with photos, info, etc. and copy and paste it anywhere but here and act like they knew it all along :D

Good luck with your bike, its always nice to find them like that, with most all the parts!!!

Just the simple fact that you actually went and did some searching after being pointed in the right direction gains lots of respect!!!! I am always glad when someone takes the time to do some research and better yet acknowledge at least this site for being able to help in some way, that is becoming a rarity anymore. Has been turning into a bunch of "Takers" that don't contribute, but gladly take all the info off of this great resource that people have gone out of their way for years to try and help, with photos, info, etc. and copy and paste it anywhere but here and act like they knew it all along :D

Good luck with your bike, its always nice to find them like that, with most all the parts!!!
I appreciate your kind sentiment Markus. I’m a sixties child so I’m familiar with life before the internet, and truly appreciate the effort and time someone took before me to save or share information.
It still boggles my mind that someone had the foresight to save a mini bike ad from 1972.

Hey fellas, I’ve been through many pics but can’t find a match. It appears original aside from the frame re-paint, and intact. Engine serial # starts with 4, 1974?
Here are possible clues;
The seat has a diamond stripe pattern with gold piping. Tires appear original and do not have a manufacturer name just a small logo and Made in Holland. Handlebars are clamped to forks. Rear axle bracket triangulates corner of frame.
Thanks for any help.
Is the front fender on backwards?
View attachment 252870
View attachment 252871
View attachment 252872
View attachment 252873
If you look at the ad that Markus uploaded, both of the fenders look backwards on your bike. look at the spacing of the bolt on the front fender in the ad, there's less spacing from the front of the fender to the bolt than yours and more spacing on the rear bolt. The rear fender should cover more of the front of the tire than it does, also like the bike in the ad.

Addicted 2 Minis, correct sir. The front fender bracket is on backwards, in that, the large hole in the bracket on the top plane should line up under the headset. Rear fender was installed backwards as well. I assume this happened when the bike was disassembled to paint the frame. Apparently the original owner was not very skilled. The upside is that he didn’t mess to much with it from what I can tell.

Old shed finds, you certainly live up to your screen name, congrats on your latest score!

Looks like there's plenty of life left in it, what's the plan?, restore like new or just a good cleaning and get everything back in order?. You can usually tell if something has been run hard by the sprocket, foot pegs, forks. All that on your bike seems to be in good order, keep us updated with your progress.