Mighty Burro made in Midway Wa.

matt2

Hey everybody I picked this up this Wednesday this week. I am almost 100% sure that it is a Mighty Burro. I can only find a brochure on the Minni Burro and the Moto Burro. On the bottom of that brochure is hand written Mighty and a price of $325. The cool thing about this bike is it was made in the 60s in Midway where I grew up in the 60s. They were sold at Angle Lake Cyclery where I bought mini bike and bike parts. I am going to change the engine and put on the few missing parts to make her run. The engine on her is a brand new 305cc Briggs & Stratton with 110 volt electric start. I will be putting it for sale on here soon. I don't think it looks right so I am going to put a 8hp Tecumseh with lighted coil. Maybe later I will put lights on it too. I did get the original Briggs & Stratton I think a 8hp. I can not find a tag on the engine can someone help with a year? Anyway here are the pictures.

How it looked when thumper 13 Doug got it.

The 8hp Tecumseh I will be putting on.

how it looks now

Last edited:

matt2

Use this address to get the brochure
users.infoconex.com/~ramrod/MotoBurro.htm

If you look at the very bottom of the brochure you will see the price for the Moto Burro, Minni Burro and hand written you see Mighty and a price of $325. I am almost positive I have a Mighty Burro. :thumbsup:

matt2

Thanks James I'm going to paint them back to the yellow in the original picture. I think the light color will look good too.

matt2

The kick stand has a gnarly bend twist going on. When the kick stand is up it rubs real bad on the driven pulley. So I'm going to cut it out at the couplers. I'm going to cut one side of the coupler and bend them open enough to pull out the kick stand. Then I will use my bench top press to straighten it. Then back in a few good whacks of a hammer and weld, sound good?

matt2

Hey everyone
I was messing around with the Mighty Burro today and realized the rear wheel is an aluminum mag anyone know what it is? I think it is original but not positive. Maybe it is a Burro brand. Not now but in the near future I will take it apart and get it sand blasted.

matt2

I stole the clutch from the old trail mini. The belt is a old used belt that Doug through in. I can use it to line everything up. Just getting it set up, here is a look.