mikuni throttle

Ok i put a new thumb throttle on a mikuni 34 on my coleman it has no slack on the cable anymore adjustment it raises the slide but only gets 3/4 throttle i can lift the slide another 1/4 inch anyone have any tips i know its a ratio issue as closer to the pivot would give me more movement but i can change the cable position

the motors stock just a govenor removal pipe carb dirt track tires i told ya i need a doodle bug for the predator motors i have still no carb advice i know someone been thru this ?

Laz this is when I don't have the correct ratio of cable and casing but need to go.
I get the cable hooked, and cable end seated, in the carb.
Using just enough cable, I hook to the throttle, mine's a thumb-type.
Then with a hose clamp, clamp the casing on the handle bar.
To adjust, move the throttle itself in and out on the bars.. Also I have to grind away on my
t-throttle or it would never do WOT, not enough room.
It takes a fine tune to have WOT yet return to idle on my 24,
the tension in the cable has to be exactly on the money.
****Always be sure you can hear the slide hit bottom before pulling
that rope after modding for WOT, my mini has left without me a
couple times. HAHA

I'm glad you are so happy with it. You have a quality throttle, I have a modified, non-quality one.
Yes, it's much easier to buy a quality piece. How did you know the quality piece had enough travel
before you bought it? Who has these 'more travel than you need' throttles?

i bought a drag motovox with it on it and it has a 28 flat slide mikuni so i just looked at it then got busy working on it there about 40 bucks on evilbay used but they dont go bad this ones from a banshee or yamaha 4 wheeler they come with a similar carb