Mikuni tuning issues

Hey everyone, new to the forum and I could use some help. I have a 196cc with the following done to it:

- Remove governor
- New flywheel
- Billet connecting Rod
- Stock piston head
- 1.3 ratio rockers
- 22lb valve springs
- mod2 camshaft
- exhaust header
- and breather on my mikuni vm-22 (Genuine Mikuni)

I have tried 2 other Chinese carbs with no luck and now finally bit the bullet and bought the real vm-22 mikuni carb. I have tried the stock 100 main and 30 pilot jet, 12.5 pilot and 130 main and finally I tried the 17.5 pilot and 140 main with no luck at all. If I slowly accelerate it will bog a little from 0 - 1/4 throttle and then it’ll pick up but if you give it a normal rate of twist on the throttle she boggs right out and turns off. Not sure what else to do I’ve tried moving the needle as well still no luck. Any tips or advice is much appreciated!

- Rob

I have a lot of experience with the chikuni. Not much with a real mikuni. if you are on the third carb with the same problem you may have a issue with one of your other mods. For a chikuni if you just install a 125 main leave the stock 15 pilot and needle in the middle slot it should run ok. Did you check for a air leak? What are you using for a manifold? Can you post a p icture of carb mounted on the engine?

try 120-130 main 15 pilot (no smaller no bigger) 2 turns out on air/fuel ratio and clip on needle jet 2nd position from the top usually that is pretty close. Definitely check for air leaks at the intake manifold make sure its all buttoned up