Mikuni

Fourtogo

kinda gave up in Sudco USA Mikuni Supplier . They keep kicking the POSSIBLE delivery date for 22 mil carbs down the road . they said weeks then a couple months now it’s WHO KNOWS now . They received a shipment from japan with out the 22s . What a good slide style replacement carb that I can buy for my Tecumseh engine done waiting .

joshua. c.

if its a smaller engine hs40, hs50 or ohh55 you could try a 10 horse Tecumseh carb. best part is it mounts to the stock holes and you can use the stock throttle linkage. it was quite a large improvement on my tecumseh ohh55 (5.5hp over head valve). for best results tho you would need a new larger straighter intake requiring a home made throttle setup. if its larger than a 7hp you shoold look into a larger carb than a 22mm.

Fourtogo

if its a smaller engine hs40, hs50 or ohh55 you could try a 10 horse Tecumseh carb. best part is it mounts to the stock holes and you can use the stock throttle linkage. it was quite a large improvement on my tecumseh ohh55 (5.5hp over head valve). for best results tho you would need a new larger straighter intake requiring a home made throttle setup. if its larger than a 7hp you shoold look into a larger carb than a 22mm.

Attachments

There are a plethora of Chinese vm22s out there...I was forced into purchasing one....not too hateful for $26 and it accepts genuine mikuni jets....seems to preform OK....not condoning the use of Chinese mikunis, but in a pinch....as my ol dad used to say, “any port in a storm”....of course he was referring to a whole different subject!...HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

Fourtogo

There are a plethora of Chinese vm22s out there...I was forced into purchasing one....not too hateful for $26 and it accepts genuine mikuni jets....seems to preform OK....not condoning the use of Chinese mikunis, but in a pinch....as my ol dad used to say, “any port in a storm”....of course he was referring to a whole different subject!...HAHAHAHA
Thanks

i just put a mikuni thats for the eton90 kids atv on my worked out briggd flat head 5 hp and she runs good !! stock jetting i could not belive it my self

buy one , thats all i can tell you
Or...just buy a Chikuni and learn how to tune it. (Or repair it) They are better carburetors.

OKO's are Taiwan knock offs of the venerable Keihn D, which is made in Japan. From the webs: The power jet versions tend to force rich conditions on lawn mower engines, and are only in their element at WOT. Great for two stroke dirt bikes, or budding mini bike drag racers. Idle or putting around is not what they do well.

I've run Mikuni and Chikuni on several engines, from stock to built flatheads, and on two stroke motorcycle engines. I have two Mikuni carburetors working excellent on two of my Hodaka powered bikes. Both of those carburetors are nearly 60 years old and still work great.

@Fourtogo the PZ series on Ebay are knock offs from the round slide Keihin and the PZ19 will work very well on a stock Tecumseh small or medium frame engine. They are crazy cheap. It looks like you fabricated a nice manifold. If you do raise the carb height by using a straight manifold, you'll need to consider a vacuum nipple on it for a fuel pump, or mount the tank high enough so it gravity feeds.

delray

kinda gave up in Sudco USA Mikuni Supplier . They keep kicking the POSSIBLE delivery date for 22 mil carbs down the road . they said weeks then a couple months now it’s WHO KNOWS now . They received a shipment from japan with out the 22s . What a good slide style replacement carb that I can buy for my Tecumseh engine done waiting .
for me when it comes to aftermarket 22mm carb's for a tecumseh. it has to be a china/mikuni carb. just so easy to tune once you understand how slide tube carb works and the parts are also easy to get. all real mikuni jets and pilots interchange. one pull with the choke on and they fire up too.
carb21.PNG
we are talking about installing a 22mm on a flathead correct?

delray

other carb i have had very good results on a big bore clone small block with all correct parts has been the flatside 24mm mikuni.
all these flatside and round carb's for me have work very well when setup with the right application. for basic hot rodding on a flathead small block or even a clone motor the 22mm carb just work's the best. i have watch so many people drink the cool-aid and buy something like a 28mm carb and try running it on a small block with all the wrongs parts and then sit there for days and weeks trying to figure out why they can't get there engine to run right? and then go back to a 22mm. just today at some grass drags or i should say yesterday a guy show up with a 28mm on a 212cc. guess what it ran like crap.