Milky oil after oil change? Hs35

Hey Guys,
I finally changed the oil in my new (to me) hs35. The old oil was dirty, but still slick, and black and the dip stick looked was clean (other than the oil).

Then I pulled the plug, let it drain poured in some BP 10w-30 weight oil. started her up, and it seemed to be running just ok. if anything, I would say the engine has working harder (but that could just be my imagination).

It was drizzling a bit outside as I took it for the warm up laps around my neighborhood, but nothing much maybe I hit a small puddle or something . then I pull the dip stick and I see small amounts of milky oil build up at the top of -by the handle- of the dipstick. This worried me and thought maybe its just the poor light. tonight I go for a ride, and same thing.

Whats going on? any ideas?

thanks in advnace

I just got a Murray Track 2 with Tecumseh H35. I am guessing it still had the original oil in it, no maintenance, they didn't even oil the chain.

I drained the oil, and put in 21 oz 10w30 full synthetic. Ran it some and drained after one day. Still looks very black, so I changed it again today. I may change it again tomorrow, but I will at least check to see how it looks.

I will often save oil that is used primarily as a flush when breaking in engines or in this case a used engine that went too long between oil changes. After about 3 months all the debris will settle out and the oil will look new.

Oil is cheap, especially when you recycle it. :)

125ccCrazy

for an engine that has not had regular oil changes and it's real black and gooey the best thing to do is invest in a new side cover gasket and a seal, pull the cover and wash the engine out with brake clean....I've had a couple engines the oil looked like thick black paint...the inside was nasty... some brake clean and an air hose and it will look like new....after that change the oil regular and it will stay clean...just changing the oil and not cleaning the gook out of the block will help but you'll never get all that goo out of there..