Mini Bike Build Off - Guide Lines / Rules / Classes

Will you be participating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1- Yes, you can enter three classes...

2- The frame needs to be stock vintage for class 1...you can modify or build a frame for class 2 & 3...

3- The 'poll' feature in this forum doesn't let members vote twice...we're looking for the voting procedure we'll eventually use, but it will be fair...

4- The prizes haven't been purchased yet...we're looking at T-shirts for each entrant, and trophies for class winners...members/entrants are beginning to donate cash and prizes now...still firming that up though...

I've seen your tracked 'snowminibike' project...definitely a contender...

KB2ROCKET

I would like to say something about the rules
"Have fun" should be the only rule
we have classes and genral guideline as to what fits in that class but beyond that I Vote for NO RULES!!
how the judging is done .... who cares
what we win if anything ......who cares
let us look at any great contest's humbal beginings
MOTOR RACING / CAR SHOWS /
In their beginings they all started as we are a small group that got together to have some fun but eventualy someone feels it wasnt fair for them so the list of rules starts to grow and the larger the rules list got the more complaints poured in resulting in more rules . . .
lets not go their
rules get in the way of creativity
this way if I decide I want to build a 6 wheeled inline mini I can :)

Overall, I agree...but this is an excellent opportunity to make some promotional items for OldMiniBikes...

T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc., are things most people like...I collect Harley dealership T-shirts, and will ride a thousand miles to get one...I want an OldMiniBikes t-shirt...and I'll start a contest to get one...

These items can promote OldMiniBikes, attracting more members, posting more interesting photos and projects...

The site will grow, hopefully attracting some businesses as sponsors...

I think we need to find a way to keep the site growing the way it has been, but without Hent paying out of pocket for all the upgrades we (the membership) keep asking for...and always getting.

OldMiniBikes is an excellent website, and costs some pretty serious cash each month to keep going and growing...

I'm selling my entry because I have tons of toys...

If we use the cash to buy some t-shirts and trophies, I'm a happy camper...

I 'get' from OldMiniBikes, so I should 'give' as well...

Don't let the rules become discouraging...

Build what you want, and we'll find a class for it...and a t-shirt for the builder...

KB2ROCKET

when was the deadline for finishing the bikes up again?
I have about 5 days I can work on it around christmas
on top of the 3 days I worked on it at thanksgiving MAN I just realized total build time and parts gathering will be done in 8 days ! LOL then Im booked again
Im not complaining its actualy quite a challenge I better order some parts

We'll judge the contest here on OldMiniBikes...

Everybody should be able to vote...regardless of whether they had an entry, or were just following the progress of the builds by checking out the photos in the 'Projects' threads...

Hent

Anyone else from the participating group thinking about making a project thread??

The prize pot will be announced soon - and you'll need to put your bike up if you want to win!

I have a Bird Night Hawk like GTOs and just started tearing it down. My question is; "Can I enter it in the stock vintage class even though it has 10" original rims on it?" I really don't plan on any mods except making a new seat for it since it has none now. Also needs a new engine so I'm not sure about the choice there yet either. Thinking about this engine
but I'd like to use a frame mounted gas tank if I can modify the engine.

Just reading through this thread again and now I'm not sure what category I should enter? I'm using an original vintage frame, but I'm also using the original wheels, forks (With non-functional springs) They're just for posing I guess, original sprocket, and handle bars. Now, I did buy aftermarket tires, throttle control and grip, I'll need footpeg and brake covers, one fender is missing, needs a seat and I need to fabricate and weld a new scrub brake since the old one has a hole worn through it. It will have a non-original paint scheme and engine and I'm not sure yet if I'll be using a TAV or not since I still have'nt decided what engine I'll be using. Playtime money is tight right now since my wife and I are expecting any minute! Anyway it goes, I'm already 90% done stripping the parts and now the FUN starts!!!!! Mock-up...WOOOHOOO

Last edited:
Because of the wheel size, and front suspension,it probably fits the custom modified. Those forks should function. They're probably stuck. I have a set of them and they work. They were stuck when I got them but I used PB Blaster and a little heat, and tapped on the bottom of the legs and they loosened up.

I'll try the PB Blaster after they're painted since I have them clean already.
I want the paint to stick. And I guess I should re-enter in a different category since I thought they were non-functional springs, but they look like they're welded solid.

The poll is there just to get an idea of who's going to enter what.

When the build off is done, we'll have everyone put into their category accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.