mini bike crack i don’t know HELLLLPPPP!

I don’t know what this is and i don’t know if i should buy a whole new engine i just bought this bike off market place. Please send links of where i could get it if you can. I’d appreciate it very much. >>>>>>(Monster moto 80 cc) <<<<<<info
DC39F844-47DA-4BF4-BC93-F4B2C1135025.jpeg 4EBC8001-9327-4D9B-B790-A91E42DDB8CC.jpeg

toomanytoys

I am impressed.

but yes you’ll need a new engine or fly wheel. But if the flywheel is cracked like that I’d bet something internally is broken as well

If you want to stick with the small 3hp engine

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-hp-79cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-69733.html

129 dollars. If you want to upgrade to the 6.5 that would require more work. Redrilling the motor plate. Lining up sprockets. Ect.

For $20 bucks more the 6.5 would be my choice... IMHO

Easy y'all.

Let's remember we all start somewhere.

At least Johnny knew to ask.

Let's ease him into this, so it's a good experience for him.

We need all the mini bike allies we can get.

Johnny, ask away with your questions.

Just don't run that motor until the flywheel gets replaced.

A new motor would really serve you best...as a crack like that was not accomplished with normal use, so it's probably been abused !

toomanytoys

Funny question there, ALOT of the treasures I have accumulated over the yrs I had no idea what it was when I bought it... Wow way cool I want it! or It's a mini-bike or maybe it was "I don't have that Model" or Isn't that how we get into this... and then the Rabbit shows up in car three! o_O lol
I think people forget a lot of people didn’t grow up working on engines. My dad was always in the garage tearing apart something to fix and I was always there.

The only way to learn is to jump into it with both feet.

Hey Johnny, those mini bikes are built pretty good so you could buy a harbor freight motor and put it on there. if you do they still rev about the same RPM as long as you don't mess with the governor but they do have more torque to get you moving quicker. its an investment but you will have a much more dependable bike so its worth it. So welcome Johnny and anything you need to know can be answered here.

Minimichael

I'd say this looks like the exploding stock Honda clone flywheel problem! I'll bet that crack means the engine's been spun to rpms it wasn't built for (like 5,000+). Anyway, I've only heard this can happen and that it can be very dangerous if it were to fly apart and hit the rider - also the reason for all the shiny billet flywheels... Is something broken inside? Depends, I guess? Maybe push rods and cam. Look closely at the coil. Could be a good learning project, if you're up for that sort of thing. Otherwise I agree head to harbor freight. Good luck!

joshua. c.

That stock engine is crap anyways, it won't get you moving with any kind of power and you'll have to push it up hills. Most people ditch the stock engines for bigger ones so just replace it with a 6.5hp engine, you'll be much happier with it. It wont struggle to get you moving and if its a Briggs, Honda, Honda clone, Tillotson or predator there will be upgrade options for more power if you want them.

DaddyJohn

That stock engine is crap anyways, it won't get you moving with any kind of power and you'll have to push it up hills. Most people ditch the stock engines for bigger ones so just replace it with a 6.5hp engine, you'll be much happier with it. It wont struggle to get you moving and if its a Briggs, Honda, Honda clone, Tillotson or predator there will be upgrade options for more power if you want them.
I’ve used Tecumseh H50 engines in the old DB30 Doodlebug frames, and they look and work great as well.

Bird Brain

I don’t know what this is and i don’t know if i should buy a whole new engine i just bought this bike off market place. Please send links of where i could get it if you can. I’d appreciate it very much. >>>>>>(Monster moto 80 cc) <<<<<<info
View attachment 290017 View attachment 290018
Could it had been damaged attempting to remove the flywheel with a 2 jaw puller? They are constructed of cast iron or cast steel i cant remember which and wont stand much pulling on the O.D. In any case obviously that flywheels past its service life. Shouldnt be hard to fix. Good Luck.