Mini Bike Drags in Augusta, GA This Fall

Greetings, a few of us got together a couple months ago and had some informal drags on a closed off road and decided to organize another race for this fall. At this time we have about 10 bikes total with about 6 ready to run. Of course we have no idea what we are doing so we are making up the rules as we go. We are planning on having a short and a long track, lengths to be determined. And two classes of bike depending on motor and possibly wheel size. We welcome any ideas on our rules, are there any kind of formal rules out there for drag racing mini's?

We welcome any and all to the races, but are stressing we are out to have fun and a good time. I will advertise when we settle on a date and time. After all it's still about 100 decrees around here!

I got some videos of the first races, is there any easy way to post them on this site?

Hey Louie ... that sounds like fun ...

I'm not a drag racer, but I'd like to come down and bring a couple mini's to putt around on, and meet everyone !

I was kind of bummed that I can not make Buckeye's get together this time, just due to sheer distance ... but Agusta ... i think that's only like 4 hours from here ... not bad at all ... I might can make that.

Keep us posted as to the plans ... there's lots of folks now on here within decent driving distance in the Carolina's, Ga, La, Florida, Tennessee, etc.

Thanks,

Robert

I'm south of Atlanta in Fayetteville and was thinking of trying to get some drag racing going also. Don't know where but there are others interested around here. 1/8 mile sounds good to me because they would be quick and you can see all the action. My two pennies.:thumbsup:

I'am very interested , your only 4 hours from me . My brothers are also not to far away from Ga. We also like to build hot rods and have never got to run them with others .

Thanks for all the responses, we have stoked some interest locally and are planning to do it in late October, I'll post it as soon as I know and will get a flyer out also, thanks.