Mini bike dying at idle

Hi all,
I just got the pro series from walmart. I have been breaking it in and it runs great just whenever I set it on the kickstand and leave it will die in 3-10 seconds.
Help??? It will idle if i'm going down a hill with the bike rolling though.
Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Thanks,
Nathan

Simple cure, just don't leave it running on the sidestand! ;)

If it were dying immediately when you put the sidestand down, I would say look for an interlock (safety switch), but that isn't the case. Will it sit and idle if you hold it upright? Will it idle if you hold it leaned to the right?

Mine does the same. If held upright, it will idle all day. There is something on youtube about the oil shut down switch being the problem but I have not looked into.

Simple cure, just don't leave it running on the sidestand! ;)

If it were dying immediately when you put the sidestand down, I would say look for an interlock (safety switch), but that isn't the case. Will it sit and idle if you hold it upright? Will it idle if you hold it leaned to the right?
Well I changed the oil and added the correct amount and it will idle now!!!
I feel so silly!!

I74

Mine does the same. If held upright, it will idle all day. There is something on youtube about the oil shut down switch being the problem but I have not looked into.
Oil level sensor is in the right side of the case.
With the bike on the stand , the engine is tilted left. A lot of the oil then will be on the left side, & not covering the sensor.

Fill a ''clear'' 8 oz. glass ''about the size of a coffee mug'', with about 1 oz. of water, & tilt it left about the same angle as the engine is on the stand, & see how little of water will be on the right side of it.
It's pretty much the same thing.;)

Just so everyone knows, I consider Nathan a friend; lots of PMs between us since he joined the forum, plus lots of replies in various threads. My posting the photo in post #5 was just in fun, not being cruel. This is a case of realizing that something could be misinterpreted after the fact rather than before. He probably would understand (he hasn't been online since shortly before I posted, probably out riding!) but I have realized that others may not.

Just so everyone knows, I consider Nathan a friend; lots of PMs between us since he joined the forum, plus lots of replies in various threads. My posting the photo in post #5 was just in fun, not being cruel. This is a case of realizing that something could be misinterpreted after the fact rather than before. He probably would understand (he hasn't been online since shortly before I posted, probably out riding!) but I have realized that others may not.
I understand!!!
Yes I was riding!!!

Hi all,
I just got the pro series from walmart. I have been breaking it in and it runs great just whenever I set it on the kickstand and leave it will die in 3-10 seconds.
Help??? It will idle if i'm going down a hill with the bike rolling though.
Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Thanks,
Nathan
Mine did that exact same thing! lol. I added fresh oil but didn't quite have to to the very top and it would stall at idle on the kickstand. Changed the oil after 20min of restarting it maybe 3 times made sure it was to the very top and idles perfectly no matter the position of the bike. I figured that out after it stalled the second time. I also add 20oz everytime and it just basically fills it until it starts to run back out. I let it drip out until it stops with the bike level then just put the cap back on.