mini bike for a tall rider

red baron

I'm looking for recommendations for a readily available frame for a tall rider (6'2"). I need leg room for circle racing. Thank you

red baron

speedway, greenhorn, red baron, or the blue angle. nice big frame, and use 13 inch shocks on the back.
Thanks for the advise guys! I will keep my eyes open. I'd like to keep as old school as possible but availability will dictate my choice. Where going to try to get a few guys together to do some friendly ice racing.

capguncowboy

Hilltoppers are great. I'm 6'5 and I fit on mine with no issues whatsoever.

Gilsons are also great for us taller guys -- and I happen to have a really nice one for sale

copyman

Agree, the Hilltopper is good for taller person. Funny, kinda on this subject a few days ago I posted about how small a Rupp looked next to my Hilltopper. I cannot picture me riding a Rupp scrambler and I'm only 5'11. A 6 ft + persons knees would almost touch their chin:D

What about the old Terra Cat's, which were made in Michigan (my dad knew the guy who was a partner or investor in the company and one of my fondest memories is of riding that bike with my brother on an old empty lot that was the entrance to a new (then) subdivision. Also Heald or the Heathkit bigger models. Of course, my favorites are the Speedways, from Shrike on up - and they look good too. CT70 of course. Or one of the taller frame Lil Indians are nice. Lots of choices.

Boonie Bike is a good sized hard tail old school bike that is pretty common. If you want suspension and turning then the wards/Gilson bikes are decent.

red baron

I picked up a Cat 400x that should work. It's still a little small but with the extra long seat I can sit further back giving the needed leg room. Boy up here in NH and Maine the pickings are slim for most everything. N.y. seems to have all the good stuff for reasonable money.