Mini bike for under $600. Suggestions?

Do you think 3 hours is enough for break in time?
My manual said 15 miles at under 50% throttle! I use a phone app that shows speed and distance rode. Three hours should be real close. Drain the oil out and replace it with clean oil. There should be little particles in the oil where the motor is wearing in ! I use regular oil for the first 2 changes, then after the rings have seated I switch over to Mobile One Synthetic.

Oh I thought you were not supposed to rev it up when you're breaking it in.
You can, but run the risk of breaking the rings and scoring the cylinder. If your not gonna keep the engine, you can rip the snot out of it, but don't expect it to have the performance a properly broken in one has.

I always say break it in the same way that you'll ride it, and ride it like you stole it. :)
Exactly. Champion Kawasaki (Costa Mesa) used to race at Riverside, and I was pals with a couple of the mechanics. I asked that "break in" question, and the pit boss said something to the tune of, "do you think we ride our race bikes slow on the street for 500 miles to break them in before each race?"

These are lawn mower engines on governors. However, this is on the 212 Mega Max Owner's Manual:

BREAKING IN YOUR MINI BIKE To protect your new engine, enjoy optimum performance, and extend the life of the vehicle, break in your mini bike properly. To do this, avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration for the first fifteen miles.

I was riding yesterday and it didn't seem to have that much power. But then later I was riding in my yard and it seemed to have way more torque. I'm assuming it just kind of broke itself in and then the power started coming?

Exactly. Champion Kawasaki (Costa Mesa) used to race at Riverside, and I was pals with a couple of the mechanics. I asked that "break in" question, and the pit boss said something to the tune of, "do you think we ride our race bikes slow on the street for 500 miles to break them in before each race?"

These are lawn mower engines on governors. However, this is on the 212 Mega Max Owner's Manual:

BREAKING IN YOUR MINI BIKE To protect your new engine, enjoy optimum performance, and extend the life of the vehicle, break in your mini bike properly. To do this, avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration for the first fifteen miles.
I think how you break in a motor also has a bunch to do with experience, confidence and budget. I know when I was younger, less experienced etc... I would go easy on stuff for a bit. Now I just give it the mustard. If somethings going to let go, it's gonna let go. For some odd reason I enjoy fixing stuff I guess....

Look what showed up on the FB Market Place? He wanted 600.00,but went down to 400.00! This is the Walmart model. He goes around buying their surplus stock and reselling its it's hard to say what he really gave for it, but it's new in the box! 50763275_10161073936885411_6603830191208792064_n.jpg

Man I should have got that one. Too bad. Lucky for whoever gets it.
Well got mine in. Missing a washer and lock washer for front tire. Made a run to HD to fix that. Then poured gas in tank and gas starting coming out from middle of engine. Discovered fuel line was sliced at hose clamp from factory. Not a good start. Fixed that. Once running all seems well. Has a funny smell once turned off, assume its engine burn in? Overall like the bike. MM needs better quality control.