Mini Bike Frame Mock up

Ok, I spent an hour today on this thing mocking it up. Its not fully welded, just tacked together. I am still debating on the rake, and width of the bike. Tell me what you think so far.

Jim

Frame

Ok, I spent an hour today on this thing mocking it up. Its not fully welded, just tacked together. I am still debating on the rake, and width of the bike. Tell me what you think so far.
The frame looks Great. I think it would be nice to have one that would handle larger tires. I like to ride on sandy roads. Super Job though.

Hent

Hey Jim, if you take a look at some of his other posts he plans on putting larger wheels on. These are just to mock it up. :thumbsup:

I am having trouble finding decent rear wheel and tire combos. Any suggestions? I would like to run a six inch diameter rim.

Briggs animal. Its a 6.5hp racing motor, and Im running a Tav2. I ran this setup on an offroad go kart I build a while back and it was crazy fast.

HAHA i agree! use the tires that you have... you will just have to replace them after a few hard stops or turns anyways. no but really if your going to going more then 25-30 MPH then you should have a speed rated tire. minidragbike and I are only telling you this because its not worth getting hurt and from looking at what you built you look like you want to go fast and yes you built a sweet frame good job!

Just a question. Why dont you build your own 5 hp motor instead of buying one build one! You could build one killer engine with just some standerd parts and a few hours of patience heck you be screaming! But it is up to you you mini bike.

building a engine from scrap isnt as easy as it sounds... most if not all small engines come from a cast or mold and then are machined finished meaning the leftover casting is cleaned up and machined out of the crank case and cooling fins and then all the holes are taped and parts are added. in other words its not imposible but the cost would be very high in time and materials not to mention some sweet machining skills...

Thanks for the compliments on the frame.
I am assuming that 5hpbriggs is asking why I dont just modify a 5hp engine rather than run a Briggs Animal which is already race ready. The reason I am running that animal, is because I already own it. The only problem is that all 3 of my engines are in Arizona, and im in Oklahoma. But my Father is shipping the animal to me this week.