Mini Bike I.D. needed.

HeathC

Hey all! A buddy of mine has these minis and we're trying to I.D. them. The blue one is similar to the Puma/Gemini that i saw a few posts down and has a Torque A Verter. It looks bigger over all than the Puma, to me, though. The fork is a little different, also. Not sure what the red one is OR the purple one behind it.

Attachments

markus

The blue one is a Terra products TM-951 (its an import bike) and the red one is a Manco, its sort of a cross between a 250 model and a model 7. Not sure the designation it got when it was outfitted like that. Both bikes were from companies out of Indiana

HeathC

The blue one is a Terra products TM-951 (its an import bike) and the red one is a Manco, its sort of a cross between a 250 model and a model 7. Not sure the designation it got when it was outfitted like that. Both bikes were from companies out of Indiana
Cool! Thanks! Can you see enough of the purple on behind the red one to make a designation on what it may be? Sears Roper, perhaps?

Greetings to all. My name is Randy and I’m new here. My buddy Heath posted the pic to identify my minibike. Many thanks to Markus for the rapid reply.
If anyone has some pictures of a Terra Products TM-951, I'd be grateful to see them in order to guide this restoration.
Again, thanks for the info and thanks for allowing me to jump in here.

markus

Cool! Thanks! Can you see enough of the purple on behind the red one to make a designation on what it may be? Sears Roper, perhaps?
The Rupp in the background is a 1969 model, it was a sprint or digger setup originally I just copied and pasted this from another thread where I helped id one before for someone.... :

1969 digger or sprint, do you have the original rear sprocket? what is the tooth count.

markus

The purple one looks like a Rupp but I'm not Rupp-savvy enough to determine model. The frame looks like that of a Roadster, but the forks do not. Also no brake and sprocket on the right side of the rear wheel so it must not have had a jackshaft. Maybe a Continental?

View attachment 244187

http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/ruppinfo.htm
you would not want to use that site to try and learn about the Rupp line, that photo and what they have it tagged as is a great example of how inaccurate the info is!!!

HeathC

From what i can see doing a fair amount of searching, it looks like the red bike is a Manco Trail Cat Model 250. Model 7 had folding pegs and different fork/bars.

Attachments