Mini Bike I.D.

Hello. I am new to this forum. I'm trying to I.D. a mini that I have. I don't know how to attach pics, so I could email them to you. Thank you.

Hent

badtec, take a look at the top of the page for "Photo Album"

once you're in there look to the right for "upload photos"

I think that I figured it out. I have 2 pictures of it in the photo gallery. Thanks again. Scott.

Last edited:
Thanks Mac, I appreciate it. I just added another pic to my album. Might anyone I.D. the black framed one? I can get a better pic, if needed. Thanks again.

Mac

I can never remember what the black frame brand is. They're on ebay quite a lot. To me it's an oddball. That rear axle mounting bracket is a giveaway, one of a kind.

I have one like that one and one with Shocks which through this site I have learned it was made by Bird Engineering .I am fixing one up for myself to relive my youth :) (cant let goof that youth thing!) My frame is less than great. I have a crack on the right hand side at the rear of the engine mount on both frames of mine. Must have been there weak spot.Mine with the shocks was sold at Sears as a Rancher.The one of mine which is the same frame as yours was also sold at Sears.The forks on mine have been welded up and reinforced and look wicked ugly The frame that has the rear shocks has bent forks(rancher).I hope I find a better frame and fork before I do a restoration on either one. Growing up I had a Green Sears Rancher and loved it .I had it up to a few years ago until my dad was cleaning one of his barns and gave it away Kevin

Does anyone know what engine(s) that they came with? This one came with a Tecumseh HS50, only it has the Sears#, starts with 143. Obviously, I don't know if it's the original engine. Thanks again.

The Sears(Bird) tag says 803.80712 Sears tag on my frame like yours. The rear sproket is wicked small . I think its only 40 tooth #35 chain. I am not sure and havent thought this yet but with a 12 or 13 drive sproket on the engine makes me think its going to have a higher top end than my other "Bird" which has atleast a 60 tooth . I havent done any math yet or got to the point to even think about ratios yet . I may be a fifty year old man going like a bat on a frame and 2 wheels Screaming like all get out.