Mini bike/ race kart engine swaps question

Nice engine but how are you going to start it?
I bought a whole setup with a coleman kart starter for 100$

100$ on the rolling chassis bonanza

I added both to frame already,
Trying to figure out one last gear set to start it.

Mostly wondering how many have done similar, to find better ideas about making one, there's allot of deals that pop up where i am

Suggestions welcome, starting switch is temp, i made a chain guard that matches the two of 6 holes for it.

Will answer what i can.

Have a list of gearing sprockets i need to get.
Plus chains.

New front shocks
New tires
Brakes added up

Theres much to do for a silly idea.
That might not work.

Attachments

So once you start it and drive off then if it stalls you are stuck correct? It would be something I would do just to go blast around locally and it would be a lot of fun. It would be good for drag racing but you will need a jackshaft. Does it have the clutch as part or it like the HPV hortsman's? If you are not running a jackshaft then you would need a steep gear. They have very little torque till about 8000 RPM.

So once you start it and drive off then if it stalls you are stuck correct? It would be something I would do just to go blast around locally and it would be a lot of fun. It would be good for drag racing but you will need a jackshaft. Does it have the clutch as part or it like the HPV hortsman's? If you are not running a jackshaft then you would need a steep gear. They have very little torque till about 8000 RPM.
Was gonna add the battery to frame with its own box.

Engine has clutch on it
Frame has Jack

Attachments

hey slim -

i bought a similar motor, a yamaha KT100, a few weeks ago on a lark. i had no idea what i was getting into.

:D

phil
How do you mean?

To fast?

Prices on rebuild?

I know it gets up in prices rebuilding or repairing,.

I just wanted to see if anyone's made a mini with kart engine.

Hopefully i can get it finished,.

I mean just cause it can go that fast doesn't mean i have to lol right?

How do you mean?

To fast?

Prices on rebuild?

I know it gets up in prices rebuilding or repairing,.

I just wanted to see if anyone's made a mini with kart engine.

Hopefully i can get it finished,.

I mean just cause it can go that fast doesn't mean i have to lol right?

these motors are really, really, high performance. it's like dating penny from the big bang theory instead of some plow horse chick you met online.

port timing on these motors is everything. the exhaust needs to be tuned to the "blowdown" duration. you cant bolt the motor to a flat surface. the clutches 'start' to engage around 6000 rpm and rev up past 10000 rpm, what!!??!!

i spent a few days working out the math for the exhaust, a lesson in trig, boyles gas law, helmholtz resonators(because the carb circuit is connected to the exhaust circuit), accoustics, wave dynamics, etc., etc.

i guess they arent that difficult they are just new to me! sounds like we had the same idea, put a two stroke on a minibike and see what happens!

:scooter: zoom!!!!!!!

phil