Mini Bike recommendation for Larger Rider 6'6, 250 lb

So, I'm fairly new to the mini-bike game but want something to ride around at my girlfriend's family's lake property/back-roads in the area. I'm fairly tall 6'6 and built like an NFL lineman. Am I too big for the mini-bike game? Or is there something out there that would allow me to have some fun?

capguncowboy

First off, for your height, you'll want a larger bike. A Gilson, Super Bronc, Bonanza or a early Rupp should be a large enough frame for you. IF you're riding on uneven terrain, you'll probably want a torque converter for your weight. There are lots of large frame bikes out there that have TAV drives on them. Finding one in good condition might be difficult locally, but not impossible.

I am 5,10 280lbs so I can address the weight end of it ... you want a TAV (Torque A Verter) or a Honda CT 70/90 ECT type bike that has a clutch or semi auto trans. A centrifugal clutch will not get you up a hill unless its geared very low.
I have a Bonanza and it is a decent size but at 6"6" you might be a bit cramped.
For a big guy like you there are quite a few big tire minis that you would find comfortable.
My pick for you would be a Heald Super Bronc VT-10 or VT-8 ... plenty of power, speed and torque to boot-scoot you most anywhere in relative comfort.

Then again opinions are like (insert core body part here), everybody has one ...

I am 5,10 280lbs so I can address the weight end of it ... you want a TAV (Torque A Verter) or a Honda CT 70/90 ECT type bike that has a clutch or semi auto trans. A centrifugal clutch will not get you up a hill unless its geared very low.

Fantastic idea... Get yourself an older Honda, as Sixpac440 suggests. It will offer you the room (safety) as well as retro charm. Easy to register for street use too.

As expected you guys have done a great job on the recommendations. My thoughts were to pick up a used Baja warrior with the Honda clone engine, throw a TAV on it and beat on it for a little while. I like the styling of the frame and have some ideas about using it as a base for later modifications down the road.