Mini Bike Track ???

Has there ever been such a thing ??? There are go kart tracks why not mini bike tracks ??? Where do people run pocket bikes ??? Couldn't you run minis at the same places ??? A paved track, dirt oval, or even a dirt motocross type track would be cool.

capguncowboy

Up in Michigan, they have the old Olympic Cylcing circuit team training grounds. It's a track that is now used for mini bike (and maybe carts?) racing. I think they call it the ThunderDome locally if I recall.

There are loads of great places like this tucked away all over the US. You just have to find them.

One of my favorite racing videos from the Thunder Dome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENEd1URR96M

Last edited:

vwfan79

The thunderdome is a blast and a great little hide gem. We also race dirt track at different locations, people have little tracks at there house and there is one in Detroit built on some property where 4 houses where knocked down. Here is a race at a car show I race in every year and won this past year. Sins of Steel 2014 Outlaw Class minibike finals: Sins of Steel 2014 Outlaw Class minibike finals - YouTube

WLB

The LeMans starts on the races in the first video was a nice touch. Music background on a race video not so much.

The mini bike racing in our area has a few events . Torquefest in Davenport,Iowa on May 1-2 2015 . Symco Shakedown 8- 7,8 -15 in Wi. White Knuckle Scramble 8/15/15 ? Normandy ,Il. and Iron Invasion 10/3/15 in Woodstock ,Il.
I think the Scramble is the must attend event in our area .

check out "south Florida goped kings" on FB
they go someplace down there and have events, and race
it's a few hrs from you, but maybe some of the mini bike guys can have an event where they ride

gbabins1

Thanks Mike, I Googled their location... about 4.5 hrs from me but I'd be willing to take the drive for some fun. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;pgn9TZ8nvMM]http://youtu.be/pgn9TZ8nvMM[/video]Found an old go kart track out in Damascus, Oregon. It is/was called Rev N Ride Inc. Trying to contact the owners to see if we could ride minis on it. Saw a 5 year old video on Youtube. It looks like a really cool place.

Last edited:
Found an old go kart track out in Damascus, Oregon. It is/was called Rev N Ride Inc. Trying to contact the owners to see if we could ride minis on it. Saw a 5 year old video on Youtube. It looks like a really cool place.
That track is about a half mile from where I lived in the 70's. Back then we had no problem riding anywhere. Before that, we lived in NE Portland, and there were riding areas all over- I remember somewhere near Mt. Tabor. We'd ride CT70's from about 122nd (NE Portland) down the rail road right-of-way almost all the way to the Willamette River.

Rev and Ride happened after I left in the late 70's, but at least they have a phone number to call.