mini bike & trike rules wachusett valley riders club winchendon ma.

Hi Matt,
The minibikes and trikes are a new addition to the Wachusett Valley Riders Club. We are still figuring things out but it is a blast. We ride the same oval tracks as the dirt bikes. There are practice laps,heat races and races, so there is plenty of riding time. The racing is fun but even if you lose it is a great time. Very friendly crowd. Search YouTube for "rbtrike Wachusett" for some of last years riding. Lots more people this year as last year was more of a test year. If you have specific questions please post them here. It may help others interested too.

Welcome Matt
how about sharing some info about yourself, your age,what kind of mini bike,motor,anything you have done to it, how long have you been riding and anything else you want to share
thanks Rich ohhh and all that Gumpit said :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Matt

Good for you for being proactive, because massachusetts hates minibikes! lol
I haven't been racing with these guys but i do know some of these guys and you could not wish for a better bunch of guys to race with.

I think we should buy some land and have General riding and drags.... Kids need a place to ride. Dads need a place to race...

Last edited:
I think we should buy some land and have General riding and drags.... Kids need a place to ride. Dads need a place to race...
the problem with that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ finding the land zoning insurance lawyers and lawsuits im all set with dat :hammer::hang::eek:ut:

Last edited:
Not a problem an opportunity... If they allow a track in the town anything is possible. And based on the land values around there. They would welcome any influx of business.

We'll see. I have a lot of resources tied up in my drag bike right now but if that changes I could build another bike for dirt.[/QUOT

Hmmmmmmm lets see, lots of $$$$$$$$$$ spent on a mini you race for about 6 seconds at a time, lets say you race it at the most 10 times in a day thats 1 minute of seat time. oval and TT racing 3 to 4 practice sessions that are about 6 laps each then heat race 6 lap then main race 6 or more laps, if you only run one class. if you run 2 or more classes the ride time is endless you do the math just sayin :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We'll see. I have a lot of resources tied up in my drag bike right now but if that changes I could build another bike for dirt.
Hmmmmmmm lets see, lots of $$$$$$$$$$ spent on a mini you race for about 6 seconds at a time, lets say you race it at the most 10 times in a day thats 1 minute of seat time. oval and TT racing 3 to 4 practice sessions that are about 6 laps each then heat race 6 lap then main race 6 or more laps, if you only run one class. if you run 2 or more classes the ride time is endless you do the math just sayin :thumbsup:
Yup I get what you're saying, if you look at it from a "time spent racing" only angle. But I guarantee my drag bike accelerates faster and quicker, plus I can't " go too fast and kicked off the track" like I can at the dirt track. My open face helmet is good enough for the drags also.
I grew up on mostly paved oval tracks, my Dad was a racer before I was born. My best friend moved to Milwaukee and worked for Harley and Buell and got me into flat track motorcycle racing, so believe me I get oval tracks I was just way too deep into the drag bike when you guys decided to do this. Now I am really even deeper now but once I sell the drag bike then that's another story. I'll sell it once I beat everyone, hopefully soon lol.

trinik7597

I personally build different style bikes so I can race more period !!!! But like Rob said a true drag bike hits the pocket hard ....balls out hp on one of these little motors is not cheap even with out the other custom parts

Again, I wait for the deals so I am not paying top dollar or even close to that. People see my bike and it seems like a million dollars but it was built a lot cheaper than it looks and it was built over months and months while I was recovering from surgery. All of the fabrication was done by me, I did have a machinist make some stuff that I couldn't but that was side work for cash money and stuff that was necessary like head tube bushings or brakes. It really wasn't extravagant at all until I decided to add the Polar clutch to it. If I start building another bike I can guarantee my imminent demise by my wife's hand. Or foot, or baseball bat, knife, gun, etc.

Again, I wait for the deals so I am not paying top dollar or even close to that. People see my bike and it seems like a million dollars but it was built a lot cheaper than it looks and it was built over months and months while I was recovering from surgery. All of the fabrication was done by me, I did have a machinist make some stuff that I couldn't but that was side work for cash money and stuff that was necessary like head tube bushings or brakes. It really wasn't extravagant at all until I decided to add the Polar clutch to it. If I start building another bike I can guarantee my imminent demise by my wife's hand. Or foot, or baseball bat, knife, gun, etc.
pics please

Not much different than spending $3000 to restore a vintage bike you ride a couple times a year when you get motivated enough to pull it out of the display case. :laugh:

Though I'll never make the trip, I think it's great you and others go to this kind of extent to plan and organize an event of this scale. Good on you for keeping the hobby/sport/money burning endeavor alive! :thumbsup:

Yup I get what you're saying, if you look at it from a "time spent racing" only angle. But I guarantee my drag bike accelerates faster and quicker, plus I can't " go too fast and kicked off the track" like I can at the dirt track. My open face helmet is good enough for the drags also.
I grew up on mostly paved oval tracks, my Dad was a racer before I was born. My best friend moved to Milwaukee and worked for Harley and Buell and got me into flat track motorcycle racing, so believe me I get oval tracks I was just way too deep into the drag bike when you guys decided to do this. Now I am really even deeper now but once I sell the drag bike then that's another story. I'll sell it once I beat everyone, hopefully soon lol.
First i LOVE stirring the pot :innocent: 2nd $99. gets you a 6.5 predator,$40.for tires if that and bammm off and running as long as you have a mini lol we are all about the safety first factor then fun and fair for all. if you fall off face first with an open faced helmet there goes that pretty smile lol i went to the drags in RI last year lots of high $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and fast bikes and understand the drag race thing. randy myself and a few others will be bringing spare tikes & bikes for anyone who want to give them a spin both the oval & TT are a blast i think Randy had the most fun and Harleys Papa was showing us how not to take corners into the TT :laugh:

Not much different than spending $3000 to restore a vintage bike you ride a couple times a year when you get motivated enough to pull it out of the display case. :laugh:

Though I'll never make the trip, I think it's great you and others go to this kind of extent to plan and organize an event of this scale. Good on you for keeping the hobby/sport/money burning endeavor alive! :thumbsup:
thats what im saying :thumbsup:

I have some in this thread

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/93772-quick-question.html

We don't go too fast in 100 feet, open faced helmet is fine.

And if you know me, you know that I despise clones and predator motors, plenty of good American engines to use no sense in giving China any more of my money but that's just me. That is another reason my bike cost a lot: I will not build foreign stuff. Sure I could build a clone for a lot cheaper but I have my pride, I don't drive foreign cars and try to buy American wherever possible. Unfortunately these days it can be really difficult. So you will never see a clone on any of my bikes. Just my personal choice however, I know most people use them and I can see some of the reasoning behind it but at the end of the day I would rather not sell out our country to save a little bit of money.

Like I said, when I started building my drag bike there were no dirt minibike races in Winchendon. If there was, I would have prob spent the same money on an oval track bike most likely lol.

Last edited:

First time racing was awesome... It was a blast.Got the full faced helmet after that. Rules are rules... I tend to think the trikes are more fun because you arent afraid to go fast into the corners(once you get the hang of it). And you really feel like you are racing fast. Probably slow to the spectators but when your in the race its a blast. Also with the trikes,people with balance issues,leg injuries or just wanting to go around the track without fear of getting tossed by a rut can do so.... They take up more space than the minis. But show up at the track and I'll let you ride one. Even if its just the practice laps. You'll see what the fuss is about.